Oldest Pedal You Own In Continuous Use

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by non, Apr 30, 2019.

1. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Not my oldest pedal, but my TU12H has been in continuous use since I bought it new in 1984. It's always been on my main guitar pedalboard.

Giffro likes this.
  2. soundsupport1

soundsupport1

Aug 17, 2017
    I haven't had the chance to try one yet, no. But I haven't heard a bad video on youtube, or read a bad review of one yet either.

The pedalboard I have is a cover-all-bases-with-minimum-effort affair.
    The top row (Glowplug + WTDI) is always-on, fingerstyle. Glowplug is set very clean, very gentle, just to stop the WTDI sounding too sterile. Amp EQ is set for slap, and is switchable in/out.
    Bottom row is in the FX loop, and the full arrangement is:
    T-Rex Quint
    EHX Bass Soul Food (not purchased yet)
    Boss AW-3 (which is still at my parents house, despite having moved out over a decade ago!-must pick that one up.)
    Boss CEB-3

So the Quint and the Chorus are there for ballad-type stuff, the AW-3 is there to funk things up, all that's missing is some huge-sounding drive. Bass Big Muff is the daddy, but I'd only have room for the Nano, and I've heard that you reeeaaaally need the deluxe because of the blend knob. Apparently the Nano sucks out a lot of the low end from your signal.
    Soul Food is a Klon clone, sounds great, is in the nano/compact format, and has a blend. Done.

3. non

non

Aug 4, 2015
    wow some of you have had the same pedals 30+ yea
    wow!

4. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just the Ampeg SubBlaster octave. That's the only pedal that has survived every reconfiguration and update. Got itnright when they came out in 2005. I wish it was a bit smaller, had an LED, and that the knobs would be just locked on how I like it...but I'll deal to get that sound!

[​IMG]

BrentSimons and jumbo_steelie like this.
  5. fuzzspiral

fuzzspiral

Dec 8, 2018
    Italy
    Cry Baby bass wah, since 2000 (one year after the production started, I think) it's the first in command on the pedalboard: big, heavy, fundamental. My Boss ODB3 left me some five years ago (but still on the shelf :cool: )

Giffro likes this.
  6. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Boss Touch Wah (T Wah) TW-1
    Bought circa 1980 and has been my favourite pedal.

Boss BF-2B Bass Flanger
    Bought circa 1987 has been my most used and loved pedal.

bigtone23 likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021