Oldest Pedal You Own In Continuous Use

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by non, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Japanese OC-2 so I believe that's early 80's? Also have a 80's BF-2.

2. I've never been a big pedal guy, but I've had my boss tuner since around '95 and the BDDI since 2002. The Broughton hpf/lpf is less than a year old and the best addition I could imagine..I finally had to make a pedalboard..lol. I really want one of the new black Boss tuners though..

IMG_0520.JPG

3. One for stopping, one for releasing the clutch. I employ no others.

pedal.jpg

Attached Files:

garak7 likes this.
  4. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    If you mean oldest in the sense of the amount of years I have owned it (not so much the year it was originally manufactured) then it will be my Boss TU-3 chromatic tuner pedal. I don't use a lot of effects and pedals honestly. I'd like to get more into them if there is ever a reason though if not to just experiment a bit.

5. nilorius

nilorius Inactive

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    My Korg tuning pedaj. I bought it somewhere between 2001-2005 and it still works fine.

6. Jo Bass

Jo Bass

Feb 25, 2017
    Ebs multicomp always on for many years. 58691942_2659616867442673_8972727709784342528_n.jpg

7. howlin

howlin

Nov 15, 2008
    I'm Not There
    Have you tried one? I ask because I had one and couldn't see the point . . . YMMV.;)

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  8. MarkAndHisBass

MarkAndHisBass

Nov 4, 2006
    Scotland
    Cool thread.

Like many others, my tuner pedal is my longest serving pedal. Bought my Boss TU-2 in 2006. Besides that, it’s a Fuzzrocious Grey Stache that I bought in 2016. Never left my board since.

9. howlin

howlin

Nov 15, 2008
    I'm Not There
    My Boss LM2-B looks to be about the same age as the OP's chorus pedal:

110848957.jpg

This one isn't mine [I was too lazy to pull mine out and photograph it but they all look the same :smug:]. Can't remember how long I've had it but it's the best 25 bucks I've spent in a long time. #2 would be my TC tuner. Can't go wrong with a good tuner.

BTW, if you're interestwed, here's what Ovnilab has to say about the LM2-B: Boss LM-2B

10. Impermanence

Impermanence

Jan 8, 2015
    I don't believe my Volt Thrower has left my board since I got it off the classifieds here in 2015.

11. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I have an old Korg handheld-style tuner, too... had it since the late 80s/early 90s... great tuner! I recently picked up a used Korg Pitchblack pedal, which is KILLER. The only thing it doesn't have that I wished it did is the built-in mic. Yeah, no doubt that Korg tuners are truly fantastic.

12. non

non

Aug 4, 2015
    interesting looking no name pedalboard!

13. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Hang on to that. You don't see many of them around anymore--and they've virtually stopped appearing on e-bay.

I'm glad I got one when they first came out.

SOUTH PAW and SirMjac28 like this.
  14. mexicanyella

mexicanyella

Feb 16, 2015
    Troy, MO
    When I play guitar I use an always-on DOD FX-82B bass compressor that I picked up in a pawn shop for $20 in the mid 90s. The foot switch has never worked in the time I’ve had it but it sounds great in front of a semi-clean Peavey solid-state amp, so it’s always on anyway.

The guitarist in my current band gave me one of those plastic Ibanez CP-5 “Soundtank” compressor pedals, which I think is from the early 90s, and it works well too. It bumps the low mids and attenuates the highs a little more than the DOD.

15. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Ha! Thanks. Most of the pedals are reasonably common (for TB, anyway) but have either been rehoused or simply stripped and redecorated: Polytope, Dispatch Master, Octabass, TurboTuner, Blackeye Effects Palmetto Boost (currently replaced with a SS/BS Mini overdrive), Fuzzrocious Demon, Grey Stache, and just a basic bypass looper that Fuzzrocious built in the last box.

non likes this.
  16. Hurricane Jimmie

Hurricane Jimmie Supporting Member

So Anyway, I've also got a Zoom 506 and it still works.... also still have the 'Expression' pedal that goes with it.
    I used mine as a practice amp with headphones so I wouldn't disturb the family.
    Now I have it set up by my workbench and use it for tuning when I change strings. It's really underused.

17. FP777

FP777

Jun 1, 2016
    New England
    The oldest pedals I use are (oldest to newest): Ibanez FP-777 Flying Pan (1976), Boss PS-3 (1994), Way Huge Saffron Squeeze (May, 1997), and Way Huge Purple Platypus (July, 1997).

The PS-3 is the only one that goes to shows with me, but the others I use when recording whenever the project calls for it (more often than not).

The pedal I have owned the LONGEST though is my Korg Pitchblack Tuner. Bought it new in 2008.

old pedals.JPG

18. Bassmaticmatt

Bassmaticmatt

Feb 13, 2016
    Dallas
    Boss tu3 I think I got it for Christmas in 2007ish.

19. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I noticed that also I keep mine in a loop

ONYX likes this.
  20. MXR envelope filter, bought in '83
    Still have the box, manual and receipt.
    And it's still my favorite pedal.
    Screenshot_20190501-142110_Gallery.jpg

Bo0tsy and ONYX like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021