Oldest Pedal You Own In Continuous Use

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by non, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Tommy V

Tommy V

Feb 19, 2019
    boss tu-12h tuner.. in constant use since new in 2008.
    i had a proco "the rat" on my board since new in 1980, but it was stolen at a gig a couple years ago.. i'm still pissed about that.

2. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    An early '70's Big Muff; a late '70's Small Stone; an early Boss CE-2; an original Crybaby Wah-Wah made by Thomas Organ that has the original ferrite core inductor. When did I get them? The Big Muff was a couple years old, the Small Stone was new, the Boss CE-2 was a trade, The Wah was $25 from a friend who was moving.

3. A pair of 1973 patent pending Mu-tron III's...

4. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    The oldest pedal I own that gets relatively regular use is a Boss HF-2 Flanger made in the 80s. The pedal I have been using for the longest out of everything I currently own is a Darkglass Alpha Omicron, though it doesn't get a ton of use, either.

BurtMacklinFBI likes this.
  5. SOUTH PAW

SOUTH PAW

May 31, 2015
    Lakewood, CA
    An early eighties DOD 401B Phasor that I bought new. Don't remember the exact year

IMG_0882.JPG

Bassist4Eris likes this.
  6. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    Recently “retired” the Boss TU-2 I picked up back in ‘99. Still works just fine and is now my around the house tuner.
    3CCA3636-AD2A-49AA-BB72-2C3151CE0EDB.jpeg

7. oZZma

oZZma

Sep 13, 2018
    Italy
    This is the oldest pedal on my pedalboard too. I bought it only recently tho.
    It's great, I love the reverse pitchshifting option, It can get really weird!!

sillyfabe likes this.
  8. Rojd

Rojd Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Rocky Mountains
    My Tech 21 SansAmp BDDI.

9. MIJ OC-2. It better last, I’d be lost without it.
    Just popped a MIJ CS-2 on my board. It’s pretty much always on, so it better keep going too!

10. BurtMacklinFBI

BurtMacklinFBI Degen from Up-Country

Apr 3, 2018
    An old Boss HF-2. It’s been modded so it’s not exactly the same pedal that rolled off the Boss assembly line, but it’s by a far cry the oldest pedal I usually use.

11. AlexBassMP

AlexBassMP

Feb 5, 2014
    Barcelona
    I still keep it stored in my rehearsal room...I still keep it for sentimentals reasons... I remember my firsts "flirtings" with vintage overdriven bass tones... preset B1 with the P bass pickup of my old MIJ Fernandes bass..

I've been using pedals and multifx all these years..and, it's a strange thing, but the pedal which has been most time on my pedalboard is my Zoom MS60B which I bought in 2013 or 2014...followed by my Sansamp Bass Driver Deluxe , which I bought used in 2015..

12. soundsupport1

soundsupport1

Aug 17, 2017
    I saw the thread title, and immediately thought
    'oh this'll be full of Boss'.
    And I was right. They are great though.

Oldest pedal I own in continuous use is a Boss CEB-3, which I got for my birthday seventeen and a half years ago. It still works perfectly, although the low filter knob came off and I didn't put it back on properly and now I can't get it off again. So the dial is about 20% out of alignment.

But the actual pedal works great and I love the sound.
    Andertons recently did a very good comparison video between the CEB-3 and the MXR bass chorus, and I reckoned the Boss sounded a little bit better. And then I saw the price difference, and decided that the Boss blew the MXR into the weeds.
    Have a photo: 20190228_173909.jpg

So the pedalboard is:
    2018 Radial Bigshot I/O
    2018 Eden Glowplug (retail £160, black friday sale: £40!)
    2008 Eden WTDI
    2019 T-Rex Quint
    2001 Boss CEB-3

I'll add an EHX Bass Soul Food and then I'm done.

Peace,
    SoundSupport

Bassist4Eris likes this.
  13. Bastijnv

Bastijnv

Nov 14, 2015
    Utrecht NL
    The Tech 21 VT Bass V2 has not only been on my board since 2012, it's also always on. Regardless of the other dirt pedals, the amps, cabinets or PA I use. Even when playing over most 4x10 cabinets I have the 4x10 speaker sim on, somehow it makes my sound more '3 dimensional' I guess.

vt.jpg

Saorex likes this.
  14. wawawawa

wawawawa

Feb 1, 2011
    Amsterdam
    Exactly the same here! I think I got mine in 1989 or so? Love that sound.
    My Oct2 POT has been broken for more than a decade... No problem - never use it.

JimmyM likes this.
  15. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    8 or 9 years -
    20190501_061538.jpg

9 or 10 years -
    20190501_061527.jpg

16. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

I've been loyal to the Markbass Compressore for about 7 years now. It's literal "continuous use", because it's always on.

The oldest pedal I own is a Boss OC-2 I bought used right around 1990, but it's been on and off the board ever since (currently off).

17. onda'bass

onda'bass Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Buffalo Ny
    Boss RV-3 had it for 20 years and is part of my clean sound.

theunknowndude likes this.
  18. bassplayer9512

bassplayer9512

Sep 26, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    ehx q tron the big box one

19. I bought the Tech 21 VT Bass (first version) about 10 years ago. It been always on since that day, except when playing Same in the End by Sublime, which has been on our set list for three years now.

Very cool thread! Thanks OP!

IMG_20190427_141208.jpg

20. I only started playing properly since about 2007ish. Early on I picked up boss ceb3, Ibanez pd7 and boss rv3 which I still own all of them and in pretty much perfect condition... also a Devi ever Hyperion which I just sold.
    I know it’s different for everyone but I’ve looked after my pedals and have never had one look shabby or go ‘bad’. That said it’s mostly practice use and gigging 5 times a year or so, in which I get if you gigged and spilt beer on every week you might have a different story!
    Oh yeah can’t forget the trusty weeping demon wah... so huge but I love it!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021