1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

onboard passive mid control

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Daniel Elliott, Mar 2, 2005.

1. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    ..It's all good Juneau! You just go me curious whether my(bluEQube) is hooked-up differently than in other Dingwall's because I retro-fitted it after the fact...Oh well..if you remember next time you have your control cover open sneak a peak and PM me....

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
  3. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Don't hate me dude, but I'm still confused(possibly dazed, too)
    so from your description, your AB has volume, pick-up select/control, toggle for bluEQube, and a knob for the bluEQube??

4. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    That is correct.

Volume - well you know what that does hehe
    P'up Select - 4-way (neck solo, both series, both parallel, bridge solo)
    BEQ Switch - Simply on or off, off is zero cut, basically flat EQ, On is where the knob comes into play.
    BEQ Knob - "off" position (actually all the way clockwise) is maybe a -2db or -3db cut in the upper mids, and rolls up to maybe a -10db cut or something at all the way counter clockwise.

Basically, if you leave the knob in the 'off' position and switch it on, you get an instant couple decible cut in the upper mids for a pre-set slap tone is how its described. This is about the only way I use it, I hardly ever dial out more cause it makes it sound muddy to me with much more than the initial cut.

I don't know exact numbers on frequency cut, or by how many db, but thats a general idea with made up numbers that I guessed at.

5. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Thanks J...I feel at peace with the world now..That is an interesting set-up, I had no idea that's what he was doing on those basses.. I've yet to get my hands on these newer Dingwall models(AB and Z).. I'm trying to stay as informed as I can, so when I'm out there playing and fielding all the usual questions about my bass I can have answers for other players that are interested....I hang out after gigs and let as many guys(even guitar players)try my bass as possible so they understand that it is easier to play, not harder...

6. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Your a good man Charlie Brown :)

Keep spreading the love, fanned is not scary! hehehehe

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021