Online guide

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by -Saosin-, Jan 8, 2006.

1. -Saosin-

-Saosin-

Sep 8, 2005
    Is there a good online guide too playing bass? One that actually teachs how to read music, because I made the mistake of only playing tabs when I got my bass.

2. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
  3. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    A on-line manual (or book) is no subsitute for a live teacher. Although, things have come a long way, you can even take online lessons now. Give http://www.musicdojo.com a try. They have a free class for beginners, so you can get a feel for the service. I've taken a number of their classes, and I highly recommend them. No worries, I'm not on their payroll or anything, I just liked the classes and interaction with top quality instructors.

4. -Saosin-

-Saosin-

Sep 8, 2005
    That looks like a nice guide but i'm looking for something to teach me standard notation. I know a little sight reading on the piano but i dont know exactly how it translates to a stringed instrument (I know, a piano is technally a stringed instrument...).

5. Buck Naked

Buck Naked

Jul 24, 2005
    Austin Texas
    Man I had a book exactly like this and I lost it. Thank you sooooo much. That helps a ton :bassist:

6. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Hmmmm... is that "reading music" section of "Book Three" not what you're looking for?

7. -Saosin-

-Saosin-

Sep 8, 2005
    Oops! Sorry. I read the introduction and it said it would only use tabs...