1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OnStar...ever use it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Apr 22, 2010.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Does anyone here have a vehicle equipped with OnStar? Have you used it for an emergency?

The reason I ask is I am listening to the radio and there is a commercial for it right now where they play actual customer calls.

-Mike

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Don't you have to buy a GM car for it? That kind of poses a problem to the chances of me ever using it.

3. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    I have owned 2 On Star equipped vehicles. I bought the service for one year on the first car, never used it and never bought the service again.

4. Same here.

5. One of my relatives had it and it pretty much saved her life. She is an older woman that has to use oxygen, slid off the road, rolled over into a field out of sight of the main road and got knocked unconsious. She most likely would have never been found alive otherwise.

6. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
    I make money at a GM service department as a service consultant and only use Onstar when helping people that want to use it know how to use it so that they know how to use it when they want or need to use Onstar. Does that make sense?

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Sho' does.

-Mike

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    So basically you just read from a book filled with various answers to FAQs and when someone asks a question not in the book you tell them you'll get back to them in a sec. and put them on hold until they hang up?

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I hear it used when I hear an OnStar commercial.

10. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville