1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

oops I got caught.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by xxfaux_punkxx, May 9, 2010.

1. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    So I was cleaning our room today and listening to the radio when one of my favorite songs came on (Papa roach - last resort). So I immediatly grabbed my bass and started rocking out. I didn't have the amp on though but I was just jamming and doing the whole fantasy thing when my fiance' walked in on me. FML.

2. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    What????? That aint nothing. I thought you were going to have something good like you got caught with her sister or with a bandmate :D

3. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    lol I've seen her sister. I'd rather get caught with our gay roommate.

4. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    I lol'd at that.

I've had my fair share of people walking in while I'm rocking out. It does make an awkward situation.:meh:

5. bbmagic

bbmagic

Jan 28, 2009
    What's worse is when your bass isn't around and you resort to Air Bass. Now THAT's humiliating. Believe me, I know by personal experience!

6. Popps

Popps

Nov 26, 2009
    Air playing is for guitar players, when it is one of us, it is Zen Bass Playing, we are just being the notes.

7. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Endorsing Artist: Rosado Guitars
    My folks came downstairs into my studio area to my singing along to Robert Foster's "Beautiful Dreamer", today, Lol.

8. CDRhom

CDRhom William Murderface's Bass Tech Gold Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    +1

9. One time my sneaky boss listened as I had a conversation with myself about the Spin Doctors' career.

10. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Rocking out, and people witnessing me rocking out, is an extremely common occurrence 'round these parts.....

11. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    "Hello me, it's me again."

I'm always talking to myself, working through some new mathematical hypothesis that I have. My boss walks by once a week and asks how my conversation is going. Lol

12. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Hahah, try the 'Footloose' movie kind of dancing by yourself, and let her catch you w/ that! Who me, naw, I've never been caught! :D

13. Eminentbass

Eminentbass

Jun 7, 2006
    South Africa
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown Amps and Sandberg Basses.
    Haha, this reminds me of when I was a kid jamming to Iron Maiden, doing the whole "machine-gun" thing with my bass and using my bed as a monitor to prop one foot on. And with my back to the door with the music on loud, so I didn't hear my mom come in and stand there observing my delusions of grandeur for a few minutes.

14. Agito

Agito

Jun 27, 2009
    Same happened to me, while playing Larry Graham's "Pow"
    :sad: I felt so embarrassed

15. My ex-girlfriend caught me jamming out to "The Chicken" from Jaco's Birthday Concert. I didn't know she was coming over and she just walked into my room while I was playing/dancing. Fortunately I wasn't going TOO crazy (I kept my shirt on and there wasn't any face paint involved).
    She was awesome though. She liked the song and told me to finish playing.

16. Spraeg

Spraeg

May 13, 2010
    Chicago
    thats what I love about living in a house full of musicians- I can be rocking out doing the zen thing in the living room, and my roomate will just join in

17. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Normally, I practice on my bass through the mixer board...no amp. I'm just working on notes, usually, not tone. Except one time while the family was out, I had the amp on and cranked up. And couldn't hear a thing outside of my studio room.

Wife came home, suddenly, there was someone standing behind me smiling.

She later informed that I could quite clearly be heard out on the street, through the brick walls our house, and another 50 feet beyond that.

:)

Oops. I had just become THAT neighbor.

18. IPA

IPA

May 5, 2010
    I subscribe to the "if you can't be good, be loud" school of bass. The Acoustic B450 is surprisingly loud... in a 2nd floor apartment...

19. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Volume compensates for Skill? :D