1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Opinions on Loop-Master stuff

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LowDown Hal, Apr 22, 2009.

1. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    The wait time is going to be long (5+ weeks).

The quality is absolutely superb.

Since the unit is passive, you may experience a pop/click when switching. It all depends on your bass(es) and heads/cabs...

It's a gamble...that's why some people choose active ABYs.

2. Nerotic

Nerotic Guest

Sep 17, 2008
    Could you be a little more specific about this issue?

I'm also considering buying a looper, but have heard about this problem before.
    'Cause it's not really worth waiting 5+ weeks for a pedal that pops every time you use it.

\\nero

3. Geist

Geist

Aug 31, 2007
    I got mine used from a friend, and have absolutely no problems with pops. Excellent quality, and feel that it's almost definately worth the wait as long as you don't need it immediately

4. I am using a Loop-Master on my board. Good quality, nice price, no complaints. FWIW, I don't experience any popping.

5. spunj13

spunj13

May 14, 2007
    niles, mi
    i have one double-loop looper, and haven't had any problems with it (and it gets heavy use... for the last year or so)

i have plans to get another much larger one in the future.
    if you are playing quietly you might hear the click from the switch, but it doesn't transfer through the actual signal... it'd just be a separate audible click .

if you get an aby switch and like it... i'd like to know,
    as my ideal pedalboard has two on it, and i'd like to get them from there if it's worth it.

[spunj13]

6. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    There have been a few discussions on the board about aby's and true bypass loopers.

Soooooooometimes, depending on the active or passive basses and the heads/combos/etc, people experience a hiss/noise/pop/click with the pedals b/c they are passive pedals.
    There are alternatives, like getting the Xotic (just one example) which is active. Some are active and buffered...

I do not have any issues w/ my looper, but if my g****r player or someone else plugged it in w/ their bass/g****r or setup, they may have issues.

Also, passive loopers, ABs, and ABYs are VERY easy to build and would take less than 5 weeks to build...