1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Options for Epiphone Tbird Pro IV

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kat888, Mar 4, 2016.

1. kat888

kat888 Guest

Oct 13, 2015
    I am considering options for my Epi Tbird Pro IV (4 knob active). I think it has a Seymour Duncan 2 band pre and overall the output seems pretty polite to me. There's no trim pot to set the preamp output level either. I've tried raising the pups a little and this doesn't really help much, it still sounds a bit meh. I have no idea what the pups are in the thing.

Am I looking at new pickups? New pickups and electronics? Are there after market pickups which will drop straight in? The existing pups are 37.5mm x 90mm with quite rounded corners...

I'm not overly concerned with the (minimal) resale value of the instrument and I do really love the plank - no neck dive, beautiful playing neck and it looks like rock'n'roll.

2. Freez

Freez

Nov 8, 2008
    Detroitish
    Hey kat888, you should visit the Thunderbird club, those guys over there know everything there is to know about these beasts, and they can surely point you in the right direction. Plus it's one of the friendliest groups here at Talkbass, none of the nastiness you encounter out in the "general population" as they refer to it.

3. kat888

kat888 Guest

Oct 13, 2015
    Yeah, I'll do that. Cheers.