1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Orange Crush Bass 100: Requesting Owner Critiques

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Corbusier, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Corbusier

Corbusier

Feb 21, 2018
    Mississippi
    I am thinking about trading my Eden EC210 on an Orange Crush Bass 100. I have a G&L L2000 Tribute bass and play classic rock. I am hoping the Crush Bass 100 will give me a fatter bass sound and will be good for practice with my iPad and small venues.

If you own or have owned the Crush Bass 100, please let me know what you think about it. Thank you.

2. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    All n All their can be slight differences

But for the most part a 210 or 1x15 in that price range will acheive about the same SPL regardless of wattage etc etc.

For practice I'd rather have the Orange and the tone of a 15

As for covering a drum kit / band
    Usual standard starting point be doubling the speaker area 2x15 , 4x10
    And newest edition is high powered 2x12

Atleast for rock etc etc genres

3. Corbusier

Corbusier

Feb 21, 2018
    Mississippi
    Thanks, Bogey.

4. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    I like the simplicity of the Orange.

And the fact there is a certain magic in 100/150 watt combo amps that can be cranked.

No switch mode or class D, good old analog that can be cranked to the rails.

There's alot of cool used 100 watters combos with good old chunking iron transformers and power amps that warm up nicely when being pushed

Corbusier likes this.
  5. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    The English bass tone are fat , deep and darker. Just like my previous Marshall MB450H + MBC410 voice.

My current room practice combo are Tech21 VT 200 combo , I can dial from crunchy tone to tube-like fat bass tone. Pretty versatile tone, great sounding 12in driver combo, 28lbs, small and easy carry.

Check it out.
    Tech 21 VT Bass 200 - 200-watt 1x12" Bass Combo

Corbusier likes this.
  6. Corbusier

Corbusier

Feb 21, 2018
    Mississippi
    Yahboy, thanks for sending. this looks like a cool amp.

Yahboy likes this.