orange crush

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Moom, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Moom

Moom

Jul 7, 2009
    hello you guys. just wanted to ask. is orange crush is worth buying? i need it for playing at home. :smug:

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The guitar amp? Not the best option.

3. they do make a bass version - actually I think they just introduced a larger version at namm, one thats gig-able. . . never tried one but I would imagine they make a solid practice amp.

4. I´m still waiting mine....the 50 watts version

5. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I once read in an interview with Ben Kenney that if he could play through a whole wall of the Orange Bass Crushes live, he would...that probably says something - considering he's endorsed by Mesa...

6. funkytoe

funkytoe In Memoriam

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    Yeah, but that's the same thing Ben said about the Mesa Walkabout in his Bass Player interview a few years back. "The tone (of the walkabout) is so fresh. If I could, I would play with a wall of these...."

Maybe Ben's looking for an Orange endorsement these days?

7. Moom

Moom

Jul 7, 2009
    yeah, im talking about orange crush bass amp. not guitar

8. Gnosticbass

Gnosticbass

Dec 24, 2006
    USA
    I have owned and played through a Orange Crush 35B for 4 years and for a practice amp its great. The 12inch speaker gives the amp enough mid-low range so you actually get a decent sound out of it. The 50 and 100 watt have upgrades have a built in tuner which would be handy and the 100 watt also has a 15 inch speaker as well as a balanced line out. Good amps.

9. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    :bag: or a misquote by yours truly? :bag:

oops...

10. Volume4

Volume4

Sep 15, 2009
    Long Island
    I had the Orange Crush 35B bass amp combo. The newer version is improved, I love a built in tuner on an amp.

The one I owned was solid, good not great, pretty much as good as anything I tried in the same price range/specwise by Ampeg, Peavey or Acoustic. It's solid for the money for sure. I kinda miss it in a way.....mostly because now I see I want to have a 1x15" AND a 1X10/or12" around.

But yeah, try before you buy if you can and just like all the competition in its range..... using a BDDI, VT Pedal, M-80, BDI21, etc....... make it much better amp.

I know it may be hard to tell.... but I am giving the older version 35B a positive review.

This small combo in this price range is such a crowded field and add in the used market to the options in this price range..... and I just can't take or understand the overly negative or overly positive reviews of this amp or its peers.

11. Moom

Moom

Jul 7, 2009
    thank you guys. uve helped me a lot

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021