Our new Gov.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by By-Tor, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    All this support despite the fact he has admitted to womanising, drug taking, and making Kindergarten Cop.

Good to see the Americans can see past a smear campaign and vote based on issues! Were there any issues? It sure looked like a popularity circus from way over here.
  2. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    After all "That's Entertainment".
  3. [terminator voice]
    Now I will terminate all the problems we have in California
    [/terminator voice]
  4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    As this will no doubt be closed due to political based, I apologize in advance.

I think this is a big joke, and it's no wonder other countries hold such ill regard for us. Only thing A. did to run, was smile for the camera, and let the press and media frenzy go wild with it. And the idiots ran out in droves (record turnout from what I have read) to vote for him, based on what? The great debates he fought so hard on? All the campaigning for his thoughts, beliefs, promises, and ethics?

NO, the reason is because good ol' Arnold generally plays very-likeable charachters in his movies, and it would ad a certain "cool factor".

This has probably been the least amount of work done ever, by a candidate (win or lose), and he slaughters the competition, because he is a household name.

Sorry guys, but I feel this is very sad.....I wish they could of asked everyone who voted for him why they chose to do so.
  5. I see the valleys and magma of hell rising on the LA Coast....
  6. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly, we'll see how the terminator handles California :meh:
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
  10. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Na tonga da mironga do kabuletê
  11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    It used to be a joke, now it really is that.
  12. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX

:confused: huh?:confused:
  13. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Who cares who won, we all know its going to be the beardies and suits that do all the work and stuff for him - that IS what they're paid for.
  14. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    The thing I find hillarious is the way a bunch of people in my home town (Pleasanton) kept saying how Arnold is gonna fix all of California's problems. My response to that was simply: "with what?" Is he gonna give everyone in the state a role in T4? (actually, i wouldn't mind being in that) Oh well, this bassically guarantees that Bush won't win California in 04. I can't completely complain.
  15. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    I lived in Caleeforneeah for a while back in the '80s. I don't think the people there were any different than most other places. The difference I think was that due to the size of the State, local concerns really did take on a greater importance.

Trying to allign issues in Alturas, Crescent City, Chico, Sacramento, SanFran, Fresno, Monterey, Bakersfield, Santa Barbara, Burbank, Twentynine Palms, and San Diego would be like drawing the same parity from NYC, Scranton PA, Pittsburgh PA, Wheeling WV, Washington DC, Knoxville TN, Kitty Hawk NC, Montgomery AL, and Jacksonville FL...

In an area that big, with concerns so diffused, you're going to hear so much press about the noisy fringe issues you'll think the whole place is a nut farm.
  16. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    Arnie is a successful star, businessmen and he was a world champion weight lifter...

Maybe he'll make a great politician as well? He seems to achieve everything he puts his mind to?

Maybe if your country wasn't founded on such flawed ideals (capitalism) in the first place this wouldnt be happening?

As ever, just my opinion, and it aint worth all that much.

17. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Some news commentator said last night that the people of California just whacked the political establishment over the head with a 2x4. I agree. They're saying "we're tired of the status quo".
  18. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    You got a better plan?
  19. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

A new Ronald Reagan for the 00s !!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.