1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Our own Dave Overthrow

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Mexican Jazz, Jun 5, 2011.

1. I took a few lessons with Dave about 10 years ago. I thought he was a nice guy, good teacher, and great bass player. But even though we live pretty close, I had never seen Dave play live. We now we have a guitarist in common, so I went out to a local pub last night to see them play in their jazz trio.

I don't post on Talkbass much; I lurk. This morning, however, I feel compelled to give it up for Dave. He's one BAD ASS bass player. I don't think I've ever seen anyone so technically proficient on any instrument. Yet, in spite of his monster chops, he is restrained and musical as hell.

And as I remembered, he's a super cool cat. He even offered me his bass to play a tune. I was a couple of drinks in, so I declined, but I woke up super inspired this morning and just put my bass down after a couple hours of practice. I play every day, but watching Dave reminded me how important it is to practice.

I have to mention Sean Sheridan, said guitarist, and their drummer, whose name I don't know, because they were awesome, as well. If you are ever around New Milford, CT, check these guys out.

Brian

2. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Hmmm. Google Maps says New Milford, CT is only 1 hour from me.