1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Overdrive/Compressor Pedal.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rob Rogers, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Rob Rogers

Rob Rogers

Nov 29, 2014
    Naples,FL
    I am looking at different pedals for both compressor and overdrive sound.
    I like to keep it as simple as possible.
    I am going for the Dusty Hill sound.
    Any options would be appreciated.
    Thanx

2. EdBo

EdBo

May 10, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    *Peace be with You*
    I am currently playing Bass in a ZZTop Tribute Band using a Tech 21 DP-3X dUg Pinnick signature Pedal. The pedal is designed to be a dual band setup with Comp only on the Lows and the highs distorted. I get around the very scooped midrange tone of dUg's sound by having the Mid-shift button out and the mids bumped. The highs are also backed off. It makes for an amazing Rippin' tone. I really love it and get a lot of complements and the direct signal makes all the sound guys smile. Just rolling off the tone and/or volume control on my Bass lets me clean right up for a few of the slower/laid back songs. Simplicity is bliss.
    Before I got the dUg Pedal I ran a inexpensive Digitech Dual Band Comp into a Tech 21 Programmable VT Deluxe Pedal with great results also. This would also be much more versatile to get lots of tonal variations. YEMV
    **Peace**
    Eddie
    dUg DP-3Xa. XYZZg.

Correlli likes this.
  3. gregoire1

gregoire1

Oct 19, 2008
    Nashville
    Look at the EHX Bass Battalion. It has a lot of knobs, but it’s bassically just a one-knob compressor (which I love), and an overdrive.