P Bass mount ring

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by LowEndWooly, Jan 23, 2015.

1. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    I have a bass that I'm putting together.. it had the P pup routed out already, along with the J. What's weird is that the J was super tight, but the P rout was insanely huge. I'm using a pickguard that doesn't cover it, so I need something like a mount to cover the space. I've searched and found nothing. Is there such a product? If so, could someone post a couple links?

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
  4. I suggest you get a Pbass pickguard in the color of your choice and cut it down to size around the pickup in the shape of a mounting ring. A little pricey, but effective.

PJSShearer likes this.
  5. Hang on, if your pickguard doesn't cover it, why not just replace the pickguard?

6. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    What I meant by the pick guard is that it's the early style that stops up too before the pup. I love the look of it, I don't want to get a traditional style pick guard.. That's why I don't want to just replace the guard. I would rather put foam all around the pup.

Also, I need the mount ring to be black, all the other hardware is. Surely someone makes them, I just haven't seen any

7. Yamaha BB424X has a chrome ring. I don't remember if it is in the pickguard or on it and don't know if you can buy one, have to leave some work to you,;).
    th?&id=HN.608044447589795923&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.jpg

LowEndWooly likes this.
  8. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    Maybe make one to fit from the back plate from a Strat? They're cheap.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022