Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

P/U swith... Help!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by smifedeg, May 17, 2004.

1. smifedeg

smifedeg

Apr 28, 2004
    Århus, Denmark
    Hey gays!

I'm working on a little thing with a pickup switch, and I've run into a bit of dead water... :help:

So does anyone have an application´/or the knowlegde on how to make a DPDT two pole on/on/on toggle switch from a common in and 3 outs, to a 3 in common out....thx in advance...

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Your question draws a blank but maybe this might help, if you don't already know how the switch works.

If the layout is for example 1 2 3
    4 5 6

throwing the switch left will connect 2 to 3 and 5 to 6; in the middle 2 to 5; and thrown to the right will connect 2 to 1 and 5 to 4.

For what it's worth.

3. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    I installed one a few weeks ago. With the toggle in the center my switch connected 2 & 3 and 4 & 5. I believe that the wiring would be as follows:

Back of SW configuration

1 4
    2 5
    3 6

*connect jumper to pins 3 & 4
    *pin 4 to out
    *pin 2 to PU 1
    *pin 5 to PU 2

Give that a try.

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    That's interesting about the mid connect. Anybody else got any feedback on the mid connection on such a switch. I'm wondering if I'm in error here or if these switches are made differently?

5. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Hey Ron! What's up? I got my on/on/on DPDT switches from G&L but I think that they are C&K brand. I'll check when I get home. I did ohm it out last night to verify the configuration.

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    all the DPTT on-on-on switches I've seen have been as jome77 described.

7. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Yeh think it's my screw up. Think what I gave was for an on-off-on. Don't have either switch at the moment to check my self.