1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PA noob question

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by DONZI97, May 20, 2011.

1. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    So, I am in a start up cover band, and we are in the processes of booking gigs after getting about 60 songs down. I'm in charge of the P.A and bought a board and a couple of powered mains to start(RCF ART 312's) and don't have a sub yet. We are guitar/bass/keys/drums, and will be playing bar gigs pretty much. So right now I am just running the vocals though the system, but what about the keys? We're doing a coming out party tomorrow in the drummers backyard for friends and family, and the keyboard will be running through the mains. My question is, do i have to worry about not having a sub for keys? I know there isn't much down low, but there could be, and I don't want to worry about blowing the mains.

Thanks

2. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    U def. want to get a 31 band graphic EQ for your mains (and monitors if/when you add them). That way you can fight feedback and have more control over your signal.

3. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    Yes, I am looking for one. And I forgot to add, we do have a couple of cheapie monitors I'm going to run off the power amp section of an old Trace Elliot amp I have.