PACMAN BASS (PMB 1000) CLICK! Pics!......FINISHED!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by peaveyuser, Dec 28, 2007.

1. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    Last year I decided to do a stupid build inspired by krappy guitars. It was gonna have a plywood body shaped like Pacman with cheap Pickups, well I got some of the materials last winter, the pups (thanks again !Rob!) and I had the cuts for the body finished (albeit done fairly bad hehehe) but I couldn't find a neck and bridge. Needless to say I got a neck this winter from a friend who gave me his awful playing Jazz copy (plywood body, bowed neck) so now I have a neck and bridge:hyper:. The point was to make a piece of crap joke bass, not to be good, I was curios what it would sound like too, this combo of bad materials. Also I have never seen a pacman shaped bass yet (yes there is that beutiful custom "pacman bass" but it is hardly one. So here is 2nd days work tb'ers you'll see how good my crapsmanship is :D.

PICT7776.jpg

PICT7778.jpg

PICT0712.jpg

PICThhh9.jpg

PICT0811.jpg

PICThh7.jpg

There we go, the pickups and finishing (sanding, painting) will go on later, maybe tmmrw, pups maybe even tday. For obvios reasons I'm painting it yellow. I'll also give it 1 single J pickup with tone and volume. I've played it so far and while the strings are easy to press down (better than on the old crappy j copy) it still plays prett bad the neck it huge. You can't really play it sitting and when standing it neck dives like crazy, there is also very little resonance. You may also notice how the back of the plywood body is burnt, well I had to kill the mold on the back somehow, it was only surface anyways.

Well there yah go updates soon. :bassist:

EDIT: FINISHED PICS CLICK HERE http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5088954&postcount=69
    SOUND CLIPS: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5089918&postcount=92

Fretless pics http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5114078&postcount=158

ICM likes this.
  2. Hobobob74

Hobobob74

May 21, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Wow, See my sig.

3. I'm at a loss for words :eyebrow: :confused: The scale length looks interesting??

4. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    The neck is just a tad off centre don't ya think? :p

5. Hemitom

Hemitom

Oct 12, 2005
    BC,Canada
    This could be used if they remake the movie "Deliverance"

6. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    It's 34". (EDIT 29")

even better hahahah

7. Hobobob74

Hobobob74

May 21, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    What kinda scale length is that, 3"?

8. lol wow!

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    There is no way that thing is 34" nut to bridge.

10. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    oh oops, sorry mix up. It was 34" on the jazz bass it really is 29"

11. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    How you thought this would be an interesting thread is beyond me.

12. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    oh yes god forbid something slightly different with humor and sheer stupidity be a thread, no lets look at the guy who had a GAS attack and be the 2687948292th guy to buy a Jazz bass.

13. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

May 28, 2006
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Spector Basses-New Artist

WOOOO!!!:D
    I feel ya man Funny Bass too

14. +1

15. Underdog

Underdog

Apr 10, 2005
    Tennessee
    I'm interested in seeing how this thing comes out. It'll be hi-larious.

Thumbs up.

16. no1likesme

no1likesme

Dec 26, 2006
    Shepherd, MI
    why isn't it yellow?

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    So the neck is fretted for a 34-inch scale, and you've put the bridge at 29 inches? Google "Harry Partch," because you won't be able to play music in a common western scale, but you might be able to play in Harry's ensemble with it.

18. You should make it fretless.

That way you could at least play it and try to have some intonation :p

19. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    hmmm later on I'll see if I can move back the bridge, thanks for the advice! The fact that your replying in my thread says enough:bassist:

20. bump to subscribe.

be sure to include knobs that look like Power Pellets.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021