1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Palmer Bazz Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chaykin, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Chaykin

Chaykin

Nov 29, 2012
    What about Palmer Buzz?

Searching in internet i haven't found feedback about it, only one video.

I like how it sounds, seems there are low ends.

Any experience with it?

i'm looking for a cheap fuzz, i play in a power trio and sometimes an effect bass can be useful.
    Of course... Bass Big Muff is not expensive, but i don't like the blend/volume regolation all in one.

2. Klausklaerwerk

Klausklaerwerk

Sep 5, 2012
    I would like to try some palmer pedals, but I don’t like fuzzzzzes without blend knobs.
    And I think their pedals look like sh*t, which would not be bad if they sounded good anyway.

3. LennyPenny

LennyPenny

Mar 14, 2011
    Belgium
    I have a Big Muff and don't like how it sounds. I like the Bazz as well. If you like it, I think you should just give it a go.
    Here are some more clips:
    (French)

4. I think that has the Palmer beat:

5. LennyPenny

LennyPenny

Mar 14, 2011
    Belgium
    From the few videos I've found, the Bazz seems like a pretty decent fuzz for the price. But yeah, that MXR sounds like thunder!

6. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    I have the Bazz - it's a bit of an odd duck.

First - for a fuzz pedal it's very low gain. I really don't get any noticable fuzz until the gain knob is at 3:00. At this setting it's more like a light overdrive than a fuzz. With gain maxed, there's a little bit of fuzz, but nothing like the gain you'd get from a muff or muff variant. At low volumes - like a practice amp or headphone amp - this seems underwhelming. It shines at high volume, in a band setting. Most of your fundamental tone is left intact, with a nice wooly fuzz on top. The mid boost is quite noticeable and adds a bit of a volume boost as well.

I've had it for several months and I like it, it does sound great in a band mix, but I wish it had more gain/fuzz on tap. I feel like the first 3/4s of the fuzz knob are pretty much useless.

I'm playing with an ATK205, which is active. I tried using the PAD switch, but that removed all fuzz whatsoever from the tone. So no pad with the active ATK. I haven't tried it with a passive bass.