Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pandora PX4B down..down..down

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chalie, Sep 7, 2005.

1. I just bought a Pandora PX4B and was shocked with the quality of sounding.
    It was full of noise when you play with most amps and cabs mode and the recording quality was so terrible which I can not imagine that Korg would release this product to the market.
    I found that this product is useful only for rythm box which is again just OK.
    First I thought it was a defected unit so I went back to tried few more but all turn to be the same.

Do they re-chip this unit with a upgrade one.

Its really hurt me. :crying:

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I think you don't understand what the unit was designed for. It was NOT made to go through an amp, cab, or recording. It is a HEADPHONE output, it is a personal practice trainer, not a recording preamp. Plug you bass into it, plug in your headphones, and practice away . . . .

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I love mine, but I bought it to practice with, since I live in an apartment and can't play loud day or night. I find it works just as advertised, but wouldn't ever suggest its designed as a professional studio amp/effect modeler.

4. Washishimi

Washishimi Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    Just in case......have you checked your cables to see if one of them may be bad?

5. Shiveringbass

Shiveringbass

Aug 21, 2005
    France
    I used my PX3B for 4 years now and I'm very happy with it. It's a fantastic practice tool and it is what it is made for.

Peace

6. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    ditto, i never use mine any longer.

7. relayer66

relayer66

Oct 10, 2002
    Miura, Japan
    I used to have one of the original ones (PX3B), and I had a blast with it. I used to plug it into an amp and go for it. It wasn't hi-fi by any means, but I never noticed the noise problems that you are dealing with. I traded this puppy in, with an old Zoom pedal, for a Bass Pod XT Live, and haven't even tried looking back yet.

8. thank guys...
    It seems that most of you were having the same expectation before getting yours but i don't so that is hurting me
    i have not much trouble with the noise but the recording is so awful that i would not make any use of it
    tascam were telling that it is for practice but the sound isn't this bad at all while pandora did not underline that to consumer
    thanks all the way