1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Paradise City - Guns N' Roses

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Jamey Pittman, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Jamey Pittman

Jamey Pittman

Jan 14, 2016
    Contains both standard notation and TAB (see attached PDF). I had other transcriptions (and other artists) in mind for my next several posts; but other obligations have gotten in the way lately -- such is life. For now, I'll go ahead and submit this GNR transcription I completed a few weeks ago. Duff's bass fills during the double-time breakdown near the end of the song are quite tasty.

All transcriptions are made with MuseScore 2.0, an excellent (and free) music composition program. Anyone interested in the MuseScore file for this song can send me a PM.

And here's the list of other transcriptions I've submitted to the forum:
    Orion - Metallica
    Funk #49 - James Gang
    Creeping Death - Metallica
    Battery - Metallica
    Master of Puppets - Metallica
    Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses
    Rocket Queen - Guns N' Roses
    Mr. Brownstone - Guns N' Roses

Enjoy,

J

Attached Files:

Cuzzie and Killed_by_Death like this.
  2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth

Jan 2, 2015
    heart of darkness
    National_Thank_You_Day.

Jamey Pittman likes this.
  3. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    And again

4. Jamey Pittman

Jamey Pittman

Jan 14, 2016
    Super_Freak wins the "Saying 'Thank You' Lots and Lots" award. LMAO! You are quite welcome, of course. :)

Killed_by_Death and Cuzzie like this.
  5. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Big time thank you! But, I have some PITA requests, if you have time and feel like it.

Can you post a version of this done for standard tuning? If I'm supposed to be playing an actual E natural, having it notated as an E, instead of an F would help me. I plan to play this on a 5 string with standard tuning. Plus, looking at it, it looks like it would actually be easier to play with standard tuning anyway. There seem to be a lot of E naturals and A naturals that would be easier to play as open strings, instead of tuning down and having to fret the first fret.

The second request is, when you create the PDF, can you do it where it's one set of pages for notation and a separate set for tab? Whether I play from the notation (my preference) or tab, it would be a lot nicer to have the whole song on 4 pages instead of 8.

I do realize I'm asking for a lot of work. Maybe I should get the MuseScore file and learn MuseScore and do it myself. That's fine, too, if you prefer.

Thanks for sharing your transcription!

6. Jamey Pittman

Jamey Pittman

Jan 14, 2016
    I get where you're coming from, but I'm not likely to do either of those things. Neither task holds any interest for me personally, and personal interest is the motivating factor for me to put in the considerable time and effort required to create these transcriptions from scratch. Your final idea to acquire a copy of the MuseScore file and to affect these changes yourself is a good one, however, and I'm happy to provide the original file if you contact me via PM.

Regards,

J

7. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    PM sent. Thank you a bunch, both for taking the time to do the transcription (and such a thorough and accurate job) and for being willing to share it!