Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Paul Barker leaves Ministry!!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, May 28, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Holy cow, dude! I'm a bit late on this news, but Paul Barker quit Ministry! Al and Paul have been together for around 20 years, and now Paul is out. Does anybody have any info as to what went down? Why did he leave?

Ministry is one of my all time favorite bands, and I loved Paul's playing. HUGE distorted tone, mesmerising (repetitive) lines; he brought alot of aggression to Ministry. He's a big reason I play bass.

Man, if I had known this was going down I would have flown down to Texas and auditioned. I've got lots of fuzz boxes and distortions - I would have been great! :bassist: And yet another opportunity for fame passes me by... I guess I will have to wait for the next round of Limp Bizkit auditions. :smug:

2. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
  3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    I think they picked a decent bassist to replace him though. i liked Mind Funks' music, though it's no where as harsh and destructive as Ministry is.

4. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    What really sucked for me was I found this out on the same DAMN day I found out that Frank left Anthrax. I don't think that you can replace Paul's vibe even if you can find someone that can play like him. :bawl:

5. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Wow. More news that passes me by without me even noticing. I got the Phish announcement on time though. :bawl: