1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Paying 5 grand for ESP

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Esp4Life, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Esp4Life

Esp4Life

Jul 14, 2012
  2. I might pay $500 for the first one, but definitely not the second one

3. Esp4Life

Esp4Life

Jul 14, 2012
    Well, the disappointment was, after calling the store they said the price for the 2nd one is actually 55000, not 5100 like it shows on the website. But I need a 5 string bass, and Dir En Grey has been an inspiration. I figured I'd get my role models bass.

4. Sounds like the guy at the store made a mistake, or was misinformed of the price.

5. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    For $5000, there are quite a few options I'd consider over those. Have you looked at anything else?

ESP makes a nice bass, but that is pretty pricey. I assume that's from the custom shop? For that kind of money you can get a bass built for you by a boutique company.

6. ChetChetney

ChetChetney

Apr 25, 2012
    Oklahoma City
    For $5000 I'd avoid ESP, and get a top dog bass firm the likes of Lakland, Sadowsky, Fender CustOm shop. You can get these for $3500 to $4500, and they will out perform ESP.

7. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I just got a ESP Standard line Vintage 4 and it easily as good as a Sadowsky Metro and much better than the Fender Custom shop I used to own. Of course I didn't pay anything close to $5000 for it. ESP is as good as anything out there.

Michael

8. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    The first one looks nice. Not into the 2nd odd shaped one.