Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PC amp (preamp)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kserg, Mar 31, 2004.

1. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    All right... this is weird but here it goes

I have a preamp that I use for my bass... I hook it up to PC and here is a question, does anyone knows software or a way to make it sound through the pc... I can record no problem and then play back, but I can't make it just to sound... play back to me so I can hear what I am playing. The reason is...

I just don't have an AMP or good speakers to-do this:/ was going to get me a amp but my car was towed away for parking more then 72 hours RIGHT INFRONT OF MY HOUSE YA... 600-700$ bill... so doesn't look like I can afford to pay that bill... that leaves amp out hehe... ya... not good... since I was going to donate that car anyway... now I have to buy out a worthless car... its just not cool....

So ya... way to make windows play back from input line:] weird... i know but only way out for me right now thanks to worthless useless police department of San Jose... not once have i seen them do their job..
    Thank you fellas:]

2. Tim__x

Tim__x

Aug 13, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    In XP, go to your volume control (control panel/sounds and audio devices/advanced) press options/properties add mic or line in (or whatever other input you're using), press ok and adjust volume as needed.

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    whaa perfect!
    :bassist: :hyper: :hyper: :bassist:
    Thanks a lot:]

4. Tim__x

Tim__x

Aug 13, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    You're welcome, I'm glad I could help.

5. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    Sorry about the car man....

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Ya man.. advice to EVERYONE!! Do not get your car towed

today got it back sortoff... 700$ bill (97 to police department 560 to towing and bunch of little fees to DMV
    40minz in police station
    4 hours in DMV
    3.5 hours in police station again
    hour in towing company
    and thats just today... most of week was simular driving around and calling them
    and i still cant get the car because they cant pull it out from yard...

all because it was parked on my street for 72 hours BEH
    law states it has to be moved 5 miles in 72 hours... who ever came up with that... great job... real money maker...

Not too bad, i feel lucky... some guy infront of me got it towed for no license .... 2000 for tow 200 to police station plus ticket... then again...
    he deserve it though with all bad drivers out there, that and DUI:p

Thanks again:]

7. Remind me not to move to California....they might not like the car on blocks in my back yard.

That towing bill is outrageous. I had to fetch my girlfriend's car after it had been towed. Towing plus four days storage here in Tennessee was $120.

8. Tim__x

Tim__x

Aug 13, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    That is a stupid law. I thought california was worried about pollution? Doesn't really make sense to force people to drive.

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    LA trying to band smoking on beach because they say "LA has enought air pollution" hehehe i saw lady on tv talking about it and she was like "smoke is poluting our air" its funny...

Cal isnt bad place btw... just sometimes... there are too many activists with nothing todo... we have few ladies with no job walking around looking for something to complain about... its horable...

One time i was driving 28ish on 25mph street... she was pushing to make our streets 6mph so she jumped right under my car while i was driving... i didnt hit her but hit the curb after hardcore braking she start screaming... i got out from a car... ok guys i am 2.3 280lb... big guy... she ran into the house.. 30minz later sheriff showed up saying some1 called saying i was going to kill them... i just told em what happened... guy laughed and left

Funny story eh? had to do allightment after that heh...