1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

peavey 1516

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by toobalicious, Apr 13, 2010.

1. toobalicious

toobalicious

May 6, 2008
    triad, nc
    just picked this and a mk8 bass amp up for $75. the cab was ridden hard--- i had to replace the 15 and hardwire the crossover, as the "modular" set-up was causing problems (especially the switching jacks on the "bypass" inputs)...

actually havent even turned the peavey amp on :oops: (ive played peavey, and like many, dont love the peavey sound). i figure for what i spent on it, i can afford to stick it in the closet in case i need it or a few bucks right quick. however, i do love black widows for bass guitar, and this 1516 cab with my mesa 400+ left me smiling and with a need to9 post it on talkbass.

having midrange drivers really really changes things, you know? too bad it is encroaching on the size of my "big" 2x15 (if you count the 3" casters). it doesnt kick like the 2x15, exactly, but it holds its own on the bottom, and frankly, kind of destroys the 2x15 on top (it is loaded with 1505 BW's), as the clarity and dispersion that the 8's bring is pretty stark.

yaddah yah.... here is a pic, since TB seems to really get into pics.. sry my camera sucks.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. I have this cab as well (but still stock/original). I wouldn't use it on a rock gig, but I am in love with it for all things pop/hip-hop. I will never get rid of this cab.