1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey 410tvx

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RobLuney, Apr 23, 2009.

1. RobLuney

RobLuney

Apr 23, 2009
    I need to see a wiring diagram for my TVX. Can't find on the Peavey web site. Anyone have a website I can access to find the diagram?

One of the speakers waves more than the other three. I need to check the wiring to make sure the problem isn't there before I replace the speaker.

Thanks. Rob

2. LesS

LesS

Mar 3, 2006
    no longer a member
    On the 4 ohm 410TVX that I had, the lower two tens were wired together in series for a net of 8 ohms and the top two tens were wired together in series for a net of 8 ohms. Then both pairs were wired in parallel for a net of 4 ohms.

3. If you email Peavey with a request, they just might be able to send you one. They did that for me when I asked them for a wiring diagram of my 810TVX. Good luck.

4. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Hi Rob.

If you aren't the original owner of your cab, then you may wish to ensure that all of its speakers are wired to the same polarity by using the battery test (plug one end of a 1/4" speaker cable into the cab, and then touch the contacts of a 9 volt battery (+) to the tip, (-) to the sleeve of the plug at the other end of the cable while observing your cabs speakers. They should all move in the same direction together).

5. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    If you decide to email Peavey, send it to afulton@peavey.com That email will go directly to my favorite contact man at the company. His help over the years has been dependable and prompt.

6. hall1k

hall1k

Jun 14, 2009
    The manual should have a wiring diagram. I know the Firebass head had a circuit diagram right in the manual.

7. cct4

cct4

Sep 27, 2009
    Watervliet MI
    I once bought a 410tvx from a guy for 50.00. He said he blew the speakers. I was just gonna throw come Carvins in there. So I ohmed the speakers to see if any of them were good. Turns out, he must have had a bad speaker cable. The cabinet was fine. Best 50 bucks I ever spent!

8. quacksibaugh

quacksibaugh

Sep 9, 2012
    got a used cab. Just tried the 9n volt battery test suggested by an earlier post for test of phase synchronization. Both left speakers are in phase, top right speaker opposite movement from two left, bottom right doesn't move at all. I'm not an electronics engineer but I suspect the speakers are all wired out of phase and there is an unconnected third wire to the right top speaker and I don't know where to put. Help me if you can I'm feelin' down. And I do appreciate you bein' 'round.