1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Action on New EP

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BassWaffle, Dec 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BassWaffle

BassWaffle

Apr 10, 2011
    DC/Maryland
    Hey there,

My indie band The Radiographers came out with an EP a couple weeks ago called Please Give Me Spacetime, something we've had in the works for a year or so. The songs are now old to us, and pretty tame compared to our newer songs which are now synth-heavy and more progressive, but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Used a Peavey T-20 with Chromes on the first 3 tracks and I really like how it sits in the mix. It used to be my main gigging bass until its neck became unplayable, these tracks kind of bring me back, as they were recorded probably a year ago. I now use a T-40.

The last track, Waves Home (Summertime), has a fretless Peavey T-40 with nickel DR Lo Riders, using the bridge pickup on humbucker. Sounds a bit scooped in the mix but I think it has a nice growl.

Everything was recorded through a GK 700RB-II (EQ: slight low mid boost and a bass cut) and an Ashdown 4x10. Used a ZVex Distortron clone for the distortion on The Truth, and a Fairfield Accountant giving some light compression/color on Waves Home.

Anyway, I thought a few people might be interested in hearing these two basses in a decently produced mix (I don't think I've ever come across a fretless T-40 recording before). And who knows, maybe you'll like the music too :D

Thanks for listening!

2. BassWaffle

BassWaffle

Apr 10, 2011
    DC/Maryland
    Here's a bandcamp link to the single from it in case you don't have Spotify