1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Cirrus gone for good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jumaniac, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Jumaniac

Jumaniac

Sep 25, 2013
    Hello fellow bassists. I needed to know is the Peavey Cirrus gone for good? Does anyone know any news from Peavey. Their custom shop is closed. Do they plan on bringing the Cirrus back at all. I have heard rumors that they were just moving, but it's been a while and no news. So please if anyone can feel me in or know anything please comment. Thanks.

2. All I know is the Custom Shop was the last bastion for the Cirrus line. If it's gone, so is that model.

No idea when it's coming back. Peavey would be wise to reinstate it. It still commands a lot of respect and healthy street prices on the used market.

3. pica

pica Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    The website is still showing the Cirrus Rudy Sarzo model. However, I'm not sure if they are still making it or just have not updated their website. I'd really like to know too. I'm really interested in getting the Sarzo model.

4. I went to their shop in hollywood looking a cirrus and was told they no longer make them. I was directed to the Grind series.

5. Jumaniac

Jumaniac

Sep 25, 2013
    Peavey stopped all the cirrus models, but then went back to making the Rudy Sarzo signature model. Which is now being made in Indonesia not USA. So it makes me think their is a chance Peavey might come back with the original Cirrus. Plus why would Peavey just come back with only the Rudy Sarzo signature Cirrus, it's only four string. What about us five or six string players? Just doesn't make any sense? Why Peavey why???

6. When I talked to my Peavey regional sales rep a couple months ago, he told me the Cirrus line was temporarily on hold while the factory space is currently used to manufacture the CA acoustics. He did also hint that they are considering making a graphite neck version of the Cirrus, something that will resemble a Modulus Q series bass. Hopefully I'll get to talk with him again soon and see what else is new...

7. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    That would be interesting!

8. synterx

synterx Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    And Sarzo is now playing Spector, so I bet that info model is history now too.