1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Dyna-Bass Unity Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by skybss, Mar 1, 2013.

1. skybss

skybss

Dec 29, 2010
    Mex
    I just got a 4 string dark blue "Peavey Dyna-Bass Unity Series" bass.
    P/J pickups, some scratches here and there, some rust on the pickup screws and it needs a good cleaning work. A friend of mine in a need of cash sold it to me for $100 USD.
    I would like somebody to tell me something about this model and if it worths it. I have never seen this model before. Sounds nice though.
    Has anyboby some experience with this one?

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I think they're from the late 80s/early 90s, made in the US. I believe the "Unity Series" denotes neck-through construction. I paid about $650 for my koa Dynabass new in 92', I think the painted ones were a bit less. $100 is a steal.

IMGP1393.

3. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    That's a great instrument at ten times the price. I doesn't have beanie-baby resale value like some other instruments, but if your goal is to play it and enjoy it, you probably couldn't have done better.

4. ack

ack Why Can't We All Get Along?

Nov 19, 2006
    Somewhere near Raleigh
    I've got a neckthrough Dyna Unity and I really like it. Matter of fact, both my oldest son and the bassist in his band have adopted it as their own. I've been told that I'm never allowed to sell it. I have a feeling that it might go missing when he goes off to college.

In my opinion (and there are lots of folks here with way more Peavey knowledge than I), $100 is a really good deal for you. I once bought a Foudnation for $80 at a gas station that looked terrible. A few hours of disassembly and cleaning, and it is now a personal favorite.

Good luck - show some before/after pics and tell us your opinion of the bass.

5. I have one. It's my first bass. Paid about $1000 of my own money in 1992. It's electric blue and is passive w/ vol/vol/tone.

6. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
  7. Had one just like that. I had to sell it though to make rent. I have been looking for another to replace it with for several years now!! Wish I still had it :crying:

8. skybss

skybss

Dec 29, 2010
    Mex
    Thank you all for your replies, I've already cleaned it and played it, and sounds great, I'll show some pics, for sure....very soon

9. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Great bass. Here's mine. Also dark blue.

img0846w.

10. skybss

skybss

Dec 29, 2010
    Mex
    Here are aq couple of pics, this is after a basic cleaning work.

Attached Files:

11. skybss

skybss

Dec 29, 2010
    Mex
    More pics, showing serial number and an overview

Attached Files:

12. skybss

skybss

Dec 29, 2010
    Mex
    Yes, I've already started enjoying it, think its going to be for a very very long time. It arrived to stay! Needs general wiring and ground correction since it has some background noise.
    But feels great, sounds great and looks great!!

13. chirobass

chirobass

Jul 21, 2012
    I've got a dynabass unity coming from ebay for $250 with case and I can't wait. My dream bass really. Needs a new battery compartment, truss cover and a knob only.