1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Headliner 1000 Amp Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deadinameadow, May 24, 2018.

1. Anybody have experience with these Peavey Headliner 1000s? I play a 5 string LTD B205SM (my profile pic) in my metal band. We use drop A and often use drop C as well. I'm looking for something cheap, powerful, and reliable enough to last till I can afford Ampeg

Attached Files:

2. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    If you are looking at Peavey I would check out the MiniMega. It sounds amazing and according to Former Peavey Engineer that used to frequent here and designed the MiniMega it was his favorite amp. And should be in the same ballpark price wise. I have one and have had no issues with it.

3. Thank you, can you pair a 1000w head (such as the headliner or minimega) with a 1200w cabinet (like the pvh410)? Or would it wreck the amp?

4. Did you ever pick up the Headliner? I'm thinking of picking on up for my Peavey 8x10 4ohm cab.

5. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements yet...Are you listening Spector, DR, GK, Line6?
    Powerful and reliable...GK, cheap used.
    I play metal as well, I can speak from experience, I play through a pair of MB Fusion 800s into a pair of NEO 212s...the cabinets can be had for ~$350 used (handle 800w each) and you can get your choice of used amps for anywhere between ~$350 for an MB500 or 700RB to ~$650 for an MB Fusion 800 and there are lots of in-between points.
    Rock on.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021