1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Impulse 1015 Sub

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by morebass!, Aug 29, 2007.

1. morebass!

morebass! I'm all ears Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
  2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Not. The output and extension of a speaker is directly proportional to the size of the cabinet. If you were to closely examine this cab you'd find it to be no larger than the average bass 1x15 cab, and for that matter it's smaller than many, so it won't work any better. The built in amp is a plus, though, especially if you have a smaller amp already.

3. morebass!

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    Bill -- The dimensions looked pretty big to me. 21x28x17 seems bigger than most 1x15 cabs. It's a trapezoidal design so that would make it a bit smaller than those numbers indicate. But still...

There's a like-new non-powered version locally for $300. Was thinking of putting it under my 1210

4. morebass!

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    Bump - I guess no one is using one of these. :meh: Maybe that's why they discontinued them.

5. morebass!

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    BTW - there is a current Carvin (mega)thread on the LS1503. Greenboy is lauding the cab for being full-range and the dimensions are 28.75" tall, 15.5" deep, 18.75" wide. So why would the Peavey not be big enough?