1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Logo - I like it or I don't

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hrgiger, Mar 28, 2009.

1. It is perfect and does what it was designed to do very well

123 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I like it but feel another design could be equally effective

35 vote(s)
    14.2%
  3. I dislike it and feel a more effective logo could be designed

46 vote(s)
    18.7%
  4. I dislike it and in general I dislike Peavey for some reason

42 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    I saw another thread where people complained that the Peavey logo either was terrible or it was perfect. I for one believe it is perfect for a couple of reasons relating to logo design.

1. A logo should be unique and easily recognized (i.e. Ford, Pepsi, 20th Century Fox, etc.)

2. See #1 above.

No matter if you love it or hate it, as a logo it perfectly fulfills its job. I have a feeling that the people who hate the logo are people who have (or did have) Peavey equipment, and even though it was good equipment, and never let them down, they secretly GASsed for some high $$$ boutique stuff so they could be like others with high $$$ boutique stuff, and wished the logo was LESS 'unique and easily recognized.'

I for one feel this does a terrible disservice to a great american company that has produced equipment that many musicians got their start with and/or continue to use it as they developed professional careers. I mean squabbling about a logo is not the real issue, I don't think, but if it is how do you feel about it?

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    People on this website spend to much time worrying about logo's...

:: shakes head ::

3. ChiefLongDong

ChiefLongDong

Nov 18, 2008
    The Logo is obviously successful, given the fact that people are discussing it.

4. I don't like it bc it reminds me of tosser 80's gui****s poncing around in their spandex tights.

5. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    Be sure to vote!

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Funny...I don't like it because it reminds me of fat southern rockers with mullets and and bad coke problems ;)

7. I like it, I use the bass and the guitar amps, don't touch it!

8. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

It's a logo. All that matters is that they keep it the same and use it over time. People make too much of logos.

9. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Don't care. I don't hear the logo. One can always take 'em off or paint or tape over them anyway.

10. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Whereas Ampeg is associated with non-Southern rockers with bad coke problems? ; }

11. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    I like Peavey Nitro/Firebass/T-max/Pro bass 500 heads enough to ignore the logo. If they were as overpriced as quite a few other amps that everyone around here seem to goes nuts over, I would care, but they're not, so I don't.

12. its cosmetic i just don't care about it. i dont have any peavey gear right now but the stuff i did have in the past was great. i like the pointy logo alot better then the block letter logo they used for a little while.

13. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    It's Rock 'n' Roll history. Keep it.

14. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I am, and have been, a user and big fan of Peavy products, but have always hated the logo.

Cheers
    Davyo

15. 1000000000% the truth

16. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Well, people are overwhelmingly in favor of it so far. I guess it has to stay.

17. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I like it, it reminds me how great a band Lynyrd Skynyrd was in the 70's. It's also space age in a quaint, retro way.

18. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    You left out the poll option for "I could give two ****s either way about the logo."

19. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    Well we know that people who feel that way would never read this thread...;)

20. What changed? Ok, I don't follow "Peavey Logos" - but the one on their page looks like the one I remember from the 80s.... nice and pointy. Did it change? (I really don't pay attention to these things!)