1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Mark III

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigbass94, Mar 7, 2008.

1. bigbass94

bigbass94

Apr 4, 2007
    HI, I'm thinking of buying a peavey mark III from musicgoround. From what I have heard, it sound's like a solid amp. Is it safe to order from them? Anybody else have experiance with them. Any help would be.....helpfull.........:hyper:

2. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    I haven't done buisness with them, but the Peavey Mark III is a pretty decent head
    if you can get it cheap. I'd opt for looking for a Mark IV head if you could, which had
    a semi parametric e.q. for the mids. Also make sure to try to get the factory footswitch
    that came with the Mark series heads back then. You'll need it for channel switching
    and Peavey used an oddball pin connector for his footswitches back then.

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    You can call Peavey and they still make those footswitches custom for you. Not expensive either.

4. bigbass94

bigbass94

Apr 4, 2007
  5. I owned a Peavey Mark bass head. I forget which model it was; 3 or 4 but it was still a decent head and lasted many gigs with my bands when I was a young warthog. I attached a 15 and 210's to it and it sounded killer. I also tweaked a few things on the cabs so it would sound better by adding a higher rated horn. There was an option to split the high end and the low end and it suited well with my style. It is a decent head and very rugged. Traveling throughout the state of N. Carolina I'll say Peavey made a good product for the money that sounded well.

P.S. Try to talk the price down. If it's used, which more than likely it will be than look for wear and tear, knob issues, scratchy pots, rusty/dirty metal edges or areas. It's a very good idea to try the amp out first but for pricing purposes look for reasons to cut the price. Since I've traveled to quite a few different countries one thing I learned is haggling and looking for reason to mark the price down. They are trying to feed their mouths as well as a family and need to get rid of it, eventually they'll get it off the shelves with a lower price than keeping it collecting dust and wasting space for more or better gear at a higher price. You get my drift?