Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Mark IV

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by jaygatts, Feb 13, 2005.

1. jaygatts

jaygatts

Feb 13, 2005
    hey, ive had this peavy stack 4x12 for awhile now and im tryin to get a really good tone from it. i have a warwick bass so im tryin to get the best sound possible. anyone have any suggestions on any settings??

2. Depends on the kinda music yer playin'. Peaveys aren't generally renowned for their tone, but the earlier models like yours can sound pretty good (I've got a Mark III that I use to practice at home and it sounds different, but in a nice way...).

Does the Mark IV have a graphic EQ? I seem to remember that it does... Oh well, anyway, I'd make the eq curve like a gentle arc whose plateau is somewhere in the low-mids, so that the low bass and hi frequencies are rolled off. I dunno what kind of pickups and electrics yer bass has, but I'd try to send a fairly mid-rangey signal out of the bass. But like I said, it all depends on what kind of stuff yer playing.

3. jaygatts

jaygatts

Feb 13, 2005
    hey yea im looking for more of a punk tingy sound. it does have the graphic eq. it has the low range and high range settings too on the side and thats where i need the advice on. anywaz if you could hook me up with some more information on different settings you would recomend that would be awesome. thanx

jay~