Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey pro 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Eldermike, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Eldermike

Eldermike

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Anyone have any experience with this head. I am looking at one of these, it seems solid and produces a good solid tone. But, my question is, will it hold up for a busy weekend warrior?

2. If it's a typical Peavey, it's heavy and built like a brick s***house. Drop it down a flight of stairs, you better check the stairs for damage.

Of course, this model may be different.

3. I used to own one. This is a great sounding amp that's underrated. I regret trading mine, and wouldn't mind another. Mine seemed to clip slightly at 4 ohms, but never at 2 ohms. It's about 25 lbs, not terribly heavy. I've been waiting for the Pro 1600, but haven't seen or heard anything yet. RCZ?

This amp sounded amazing with my Aguilar GS212.

Here's a link to another thread about this amp. peavey pro 500

4. Eldermike

Eldermike

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Thanks for the link.
    I play though an SVT 3 pro now, I also have the SVT preamp that I use with a QSC amp for a larger rig. I did try one of the Peavey amps and I was impressed. My gear is getting old and I am starting to think about taking more than one amp with me when I go out the door.