1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey pro 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Eldermike, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Eldermike

Eldermike

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Anyone have any experience with this head. I am looking at one of these, it seems solid and produces a good solid tone. But, my question is, will it hold up for a busy weekend warrior?

2. If it's a typical Peavey, it's heavy and built like a brick s***house. Drop it down a flight of stairs, you better check the stairs for damage.

Of course, this model may be different.

3. I used to own one. This is a great sounding amp that's underrated. I regret trading mine, and wouldn't mind another. Mine seemed to clip slightly at 4 ohms, but never at 2 ohms. It's about 25 lbs, not terribly heavy. I've been waiting for the Pro 1600, but haven't seen or heard anything yet. RCZ?

This amp sounded amazing with my Aguilar GS212.

Here's a link to another thread about this amp. peavey pro 500

4. Eldermike

Eldermike

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Thanks for the link.
    I play though an SVT 3 pro now, I also have the SVT preamp that I use with a QSC amp for a larger rig. I did try one of the Peavey amps and I was impressed. My gear is getting old and I am starting to think about taking more than one amp with me when I go out the door.