Peavey TNTank

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mike Money, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

Last year, my peaveytntank fell 4 feet out of a cargo trailer, landed head first.... and was perfectly fine. Crazy, eh? It was straight onto asphalt, too....

Today, I was taking it on a hand truck, and i was setting it down... lost my grip a bit, and it ended up face planting... onto cement... worked fine. perfect, in fact.

I would drag this thing behind a truck in the Baja races for 25 miles, and still be confident it would work.

What kind of abuse has your Peavey TNTank taken?
  2. mine took a tumble down two steps onto carpeted concrete...couldn't get any sound out of it for a few minutes, then it miraculously started working again without flaw for nearly a year. It might not be the best tone in the world, but its definately built tough.
  3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i have to say, my old peavey mark 4 head took a lot of abuse and never failed once - ditto for my old black widow equipped 2x15
    i really wish i never sold those
  4. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Ive ridden mine down a gravel driveway. Those casters can pick up some nasty speed! :)
  5. [hijack]

Mike -- have i told you that i've been playing a G-Bass prototype lately? i can understand your love for it. it's pretty cool.

6. I find that older Peaveys are built like f'ing tanks. My Bandit 112 survived a hailstorm! :eek:
  7. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    My old TNT 100 survived smoke inhalation and water damage to live on after a fire in the church. The fire was in the adjacent kitchen and was contained before completely ripping through the sanctuary. My dad's Peavey guitar amp had water stadning in the back of it when it went into the shop.

They dried it out and tested it. It not only worked fine, it actually put out 90 watts instead of the rated 65 watts!
    Maybe Peavey rates their amp conservatively?
  8. i don't think an amp can suffer from smoke inhalation :p :D
  9. Pyouh

Jan 8, 2003
    Nothing very impressive after K-Frog's story, but mine, the day I bought it, fell from the trunk of my dad's car, right down on the pavement !
    And it works and kicks ass !
    I think that TNTs are just like old Fenders. They're the bassist's friends for life. :D