1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Tour 700 FX Loop issue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by beef_supreme, Mar 24, 2013.

1. beef_supreme

beef_supreme

Mar 24, 2013
    Euless, TX
    Hey guys,

I just added some stuff to my rig, one of which is the DBX 266XS compressor(supposedly an improved-on iteration of the XL) but I digress.

When I first tried it out, I played around with it in-line...but then read that it is indeed a line-level comp. So I hooked it up to the dang ole effects loop of my amp which runs at unity gain and has no wet/dry. Now I can see the comp working...but I get no change in tone at all. I verified this by tweaking knobs all over the place and alas, no change.

Does anyone with experience with these amps happen to know what could be going on? Is the FX loop foot switchable only on the Tour series? As in, is it not on by default?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Send a PM to BbbyBld. It looks like from the way the signal flow chart is printed that it is a parallel loop so your effected signal would have to be louder (more output gain) to overcome the normal signal. The manual didn't specify that I could find.

3. beef_supreme

beef_supreme

Mar 24, 2013
    Euless, TX
    Thanks man, Ill try that in a bit. We will see what I can get from this thread first. :)

4. Don't hesitate to PM (Personal Message) BbbyBld with your question ;). He is a Peavey engineer always happy to help Peavey owners through any questions they have.