1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey TVX $260.00-too much?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Southpaw5, May 5, 2010.

1. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    is 260.00 a lot for a peavey TVX, it sounds good, but I feel like the price is a little high. any input?

2. What size? I got a new 210 TVX for $200 Cdn.

3. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    410 TVX

4. hmmmm sounds like a fair price....i recently sold mine for 175 :crying: had it for 225 and it was like new with tags but since it was missing the elbem it took awhile to move out :meh:..i needed the cash so i sold it cheap...there great sounding cabs definatly worth it....if i wasnt so desperate at the time i wouldnt let it go.

5. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    Ok good to know, I put a down payment(still fully refundable) at Daddy's. I though I saw new ones going for around 300.00(but I can't conform where) but I've heard older models can usually be higher quality. this looks to be around 10 years old give or take

6. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    I'm not sure if this is what you meant; post#8 on the link "What is it worth?" part?
    I'm just checking if I'm being taken for a ride on the resale value, I may not have made that clear enough in my initial post. Please let me know if this is still out of line.

Thanks,

dave:)

7. There's rules about what your doing on this thread, but I wouldn't pay $260 for it - too much, IMHO.:eyebrow:

8. $150 - $200

9. More like it.

10. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

They're hinting that you're supposed to be a contributing member.

With so much USA stuff around.. I'd hold.

11. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    Problem solved! and I agree. I found one at another location for 187.00 I'm going to offer to pay 200.00 or have them ship the other one( which they pay shipping to their store) and see how it goes.

12. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    So i wound up with the GP7SM head and TVX 410 for 371.00 for the both, and I'm pretty happy with that. I brought it to my practice space and tried it through my guitarists fender musicmaster( you know, the tiny little bass!) and it sounded pretty good, I'll be trying out my Jaguar bass with the new rig on wednesday. I'm really psyched about this because this is the first amp and cab I've purchased on my own. Until now, I have been playing through he same combo amp my parents bought me when i started playing 15 years ago.

13. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    Congrats, sounds like a pretty cool rig!

14. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    Yeah so my new gear failed miserably at a gig on Friday. Got to the gig set up my gear, double checked everything was in order.... and the amp sounded like a 50 watt combo. yeah i could tell it was on but only hear it up to ab out 2 feet away. The cab is the 8ohm so that cuts the power from the amp to 140watts if i am correct. but for some reason at the practice space, and we practice really loud, this hauled some serious a$$. am i missing something. is it just the live setting that drowned everything out? does it matter which speaker output i use(neither is labeled as the main output). Or is the cab seriously underpowered by this amp?

15. BBEgo

BBEgo

Apr 14, 2010
    Corona, CA
    You practice space is probably much smaller than the place you played. The bigger the room, need more boom boom. :D
    The Peavey cab probably isn't the problem, unless some of the drivers are not working. But 140 watts simply is not sufficient power for any room bigger than a coffee house.
    You're gonna see countless posts from guys with rigs in the 1000 watt range (I'm one of 'em), and if you're talking about a solid state power section, that's kinda where you wanna be. Most of the time I only use about half of it, but it's nice to have on hand for larger shows.
    300-400 watts is great for an all tube rig.

16. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    I owned a 410TVX and I always felt it was lacking in the mids, and in turn I had a hard time being heard when we played live. Had to really dial in a lot of mids to get around that naturally scooped sound, and it was still tough. Just sayin'.

17. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    Round 2 - SWR 550X Head, 550w @ 4ohm, 375@ 8, SWR Goliath 2 cab,500 watts, so wIll probably get a 8 ohm 1X15 too to fill it all in. Hopefully this will do it ok once i add another cab.

18. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    What happened to the Peavey cab? :confused:

19. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    back to daddy's complete junk music , going a different route. I like the sound of the swr gear a lot more