1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedal Board (multieffect)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by matius88, Mar 25, 2013.

1. matius88

matius88

Jun 25, 2012
    Argentina
    well, im planning to buy a pedal board, i only know the boss me-50b, what others do you recommend me?

2. callingltu

callingltu

Jan 18, 2011
    You are talking about bass multieffect processor mate, not pedallboard :)

What price range are you looking at?

3. matius88

matius88

Jun 25, 2012
    Argentina
    haha ok my bad, someone can fix the title please :)?

the price range or level is more or less the same than the boss me-50b, i cant tell you prices because here in argentina a boss me-50b is about 3200 pesos = 600 dolars, and i dont know how much is this multieffect in USA.

so if you can say or recommend me pedalboards of more or less range than the me-50b it will be ok :).

4. rhino333

rhino333 Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Western NY State
  5. MCS4

MCS4

Sep 26, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    I vote for the ME-50B. I used it as my primary gigging board for 10 years and only recently retired it to "backup" status in favor of a pedal board setup with single pedals. It is dependable (no issues in 10 years despite heavy use) and the basic sounds are of reasonable quality. It's also a bit easier to tweak on the fly than most multi-effects units, in my opinion, due to its heavier reliance on knobs rather than buttons and pre-saved effects.

6. mjcolucci

mjcolucci

Apr 30, 2012
    I bought the six string version of this and I'm pretty satisfied with it:

DigiTech BP355 Bass Multi-Effects Pedal $199.95
    Features

140 presets (70 factory, 70 user)
    20 amp/13 cabinet models
    72 effects
    20-second looper
    60 high-quality drum patterns
    Separate 1/4" left and right outputs
    Amp/mixer switch
    Built-in chromatic tuner
    Built-in expression pedal
    Power supply included

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/digitech-bp355-bass-multi-effects-pedal

7. Stangconv

Stangconv

Mar 3, 2013
    I traded my boss gt-6b in for a zoom b3 and have no complaints.

8. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I vote for the Zoom also

9. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    The zoom b3 or the digitech bp355 are pretty good choices of multi-effects processors. I have sound samples of these multi-effects processors on my soundclick website. here's the link.

www.soundclick.com/crystalman85

Feel free to check it out.

10. HunterBurgan4Me

HunterBurgan4Me

Mar 6, 2010
    I've always been suspicious of multi effects boards but some of these sound really good. I don't think I'll be entirely convinced of the benefits over single effects pedals but the including of a looper on the boss sounds incredible. I'd love to hear a blind test.