1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedal board question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gus Borden, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Does anyone know of an existing pedal board that is in the vein of either Pedal Pad or Pedal Train (ie: you can hide your power supply beneath) but smaller than both companies' smallest offerings?

I am looking for something that falls around 10" x 15" that I can hide my BBE Supa-Charger beneath (similar in size to the Voodoo Labs version).

I'd build it myself, but between my work schedule and the lack of a work shop, small apartment - I am unable to do so. And I don't want to go as big as the 15 x 20 Pedal pad or the 17 x 13 Pedaltrain Mini? Believe it or not, for me - that extra space I don't need makes a big difference.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    This is a great question. I'd love a pedalboard that was less long than deep, and not some cheap POS.

3. thirtypoint87

thirtypoint87

Feb 9, 2004
    Manager/Repairman: Music-Go-Round
  4. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    The Gator Pedal Tote is certainly bigger than the PT Mini which would be Pedaltrain's smallest offering which is 20x7 according to their website. Although it is close to your 10x15 desire at 16.5x12 according to Gator's site.

Check out NYC Pedalboards. Perhaps a lunchbox. You may have to mount the Super Charger topside....but you could probably mount a smaller pedal on top of it.

(EDIT: No dig at the Pedal Tote as it is actually what I use for the time being)

5. The idea of putting a pedal (which gets hot) ontop of a power source (which also gets hot) is not exactly sounding sound to me.
    I've had the gator - still a touch big. I actually love the NYC lunch box - but its where to put the power brick...

6. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I've seen guys on these boards do it so that's what made me think of it. Good point though.

Contact NYC Pedalboards and see if he can build you what you need....of course if you are on a time table you could probably build it yourself and have it sooner; with or without a hectic schedule.