1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal Synthesizer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tripa Bass, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Tripa Bass

Tripa Bass

Oct 23, 2010
    Hello friends.
    Here the speaker is tripe, I'm Brazilian and new here in this forum.
    I'm about to buy a synth pedal, and I'm doing a research to know which has better quality.

I'm between three pedals.

EHX Bass Micro Synth
    Boss SYB-5
    Digitech Bass Synth Wah

Besides these three, can you point me to what would be the best synth pedal?
    Ouvir
    Ler foneticamente
    DicionĂ¡rio - Ver dicionĂ¡rio detalhadopronome0.it0.you0.him0.such0.yeartigo0.the

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Those three pedals you inquired about are all varying in price. In my opinion, while the EHX BMS is the most expensive, it is the best in terms of sound, flexibility, tone, and so on.

If money is not an option, look for a Moog Freqbox. Check out YouTube for videos.

3. Tripa Bass

Tripa Bass

Oct 23, 2010
    Leave cash out option. I only know the best in terms of quality. Now I want a small foot and I saw that Mark Bass and Moog Freqbox you suggested relativamentes pedals are large in size, making it difficult to place on my pedalboard.

4. Tripa Bass

Tripa Bass

Oct 23, 2010
    Actually I am in a doubt stronger among EHX BMS and the SYB-5, due to the possibility of acquiring them.

So I want you to give me opinions about pros and cons of each.

I thank you very much.

5. Are you using translator software by any chance? :)

Out of the ones you have listed, I would also choose the BMS. I find the presets on the Boss and Digitech synth pedals are fairly average. I'd call them cheesy, but that might not make sense through a translator...

6. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    If cash is not an problem, look into the Akai Deep Impact. It's smaller than the Moog and MB. You can only get them used. The classifieds on here or eBay is your best bet.

The EHX BMS has side-mounted jacks, so the width will be double the Boss or Digitech. Things to consider...

7. Tripa Bass

Tripa Bass

Oct 23, 2010
    yes i am using a translator.

hehehehe sorry. But my English is very bad and for that I need a translator.

8. Tripa Bass

Tripa Bass

Oct 23, 2010
    It really is the Akai Deep Impact would be nice. But where I will not have to buy it on sale.

9. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    eBay or the talkbass classifieds.

10. Tommy Lotus

Tommy Lotus

Oct 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Xsonics Bass Cabs, S.I.T Strings, and ESP Power Cords
    Try the Mark Bass Super Synth pedal. It is the best tracking ( follows the actual notes you play) pedal I have played. I have played all the pedals mention except the Deep Impact.

11. Tripa Bass

Tripa Bass

Oct 23, 2010
    a question.

We use a volume pedal to vary only "rate" of the pedal?

12. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Um, he said the MB SS is too big.

OP - what do you mean by "rate". Volume only controls the volume :).

13. Tripa Bass

Tripa Bass

Oct 23, 2010
    I can not use the ernie ball vp jr 25k for expression? I can only use it to control volume?

14. Tripa Bass

Tripa Bass

Oct 23, 2010
    Could you answer me one question friends?

Without taking into account the advantage that the MarkBass have to do several presets, the EHX BMS can do (in terms of sound) all that MarkBass do? Or MarkBass is more versatile?

15. Tommy Lotus

Tommy Lotus

Oct 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Xsonics Bass Cabs, S.I.T Strings, and ESP Power Cords
    The Mark Bass is more versatile. It comes with software that allows you to further tweak the perameters of each effect.