1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal tuner

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jetofuj, Sep 23, 2008.

1. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    Very simple question: which pedal tuner is the best ;)

Cheers, Kris

2. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm personally a fan of Korg DT-10s that have been modded for true bypass.

3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    After using a Boss TU-2 for years, I recently switched to a Korg Pitchblack. I like it a lot. If you're looking for more precise accuracy, the Peterson Strobostomp is a good call (there are other strobe-based tuners also, I believe).

4. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I'm getting an Octavius Squeezer.

Apparently it does other stuff too, but I'll be using it primarily as a tuner.

5. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    i like my peterson ssII...but what's best for me isn't necessarily what you need...i prefer the display of the strobostomp over the other options i tried

6. I think the Boss TU-2 works very well. Built like a tank. It has a strobe option that almost no one uses as they think that it is just a regular tuning pedal. If you need that sort of accuracy, the strobe setting works perfectly and is very accurate.

7. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    The Boss TU-2 works for me. Tuner and mute which is nice. I also don't get the inaccuracy thing. I have used it to fine tune my bass and checked it with a "expensive strobe" tuner and it was right on.

8. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The Turbo Tuner is the best: http://www.turbo-tuner.com/
    It is better than the Strobostomp (which I have also owned) and cheaper than the Strobo as well, and not much more expensive than the Korg and Boss options.

9. Lucas G

Lucas G

Jan 14, 2007
    masury, OH
    a korg pitchblack is mighty fine.

10. I use the Planet Waves Chromatic Pedal tuner and i love it!

11. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    Lots of my friends use the Boss TU2 and love it..
    I had an issue with very bright lights on stage in seeing the LEDs so i got the Peterson Strobostomp 2 and love it.. It is LCD display and is the best that i have used.. but it is expensive..

12. electricimprov

electricimprov

Mar 15, 2008
    So Cal
    +1

13. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I'm going to get a turbo tuner to mount on my board permanently, and use my pitchblack for when I'm just messing around. All claims point to it being CLEARLY the best.

14. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I actually have this one, though it isn't on my board at the moment. Solid tuner. Easy to see onstage and accurate enough.

15. JFace

JFace

Apr 17, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    +1 Pitchblack

16. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    How does on md the DT-10 for true bypass? +1 on the pedal, BTW. It's a price/performance champ, IMO.

KO

17. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I've had most of the stomp box tuners out there, and currently still have a Boss TU-2, Korg DT-10, and a Peterson Strobostomp...really like and use both the strobostomp and the DT-10...but am interested in the Turbo Tuner ST-200...

I had the pleasure and honor of hanging out with Rick Derringer at a show here in Dallas a few weeks ago, and he was using the ST-122, and loved it...he made a point of showing and telling everyone how it was the best tuner he had ever used...

18. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
  19. The TU-2 does me fine. Nice big bright letters (important for ol' farts like me), indestructible, accurate. Also it can be used as a mute pedal on the occasions I use 2 basses at a gig.

20. phatbass30

phatbass30

Dec 24, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Groove is in the heart!!!
    korg pitchblack!