1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peter Steele (R.I.P.) liked his Peaveys

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hrgiger, May 5, 2010.

1. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    Looks like Peter knew the virtue of some Peavey 810 TVX's stacked up on their sides:

a584tg.

2. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    He has no less than 4 Peavey 3620s in this shot:

707uhl.

3. IntrepidCellist

IntrepidCellist

Sep 10, 2009
    Manhattan
    Dude needed cabs that were almost as tall as him.

4. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    OMG please tell me more about those 3620 cabs? This a revelation to me! I play 810s, and am always lacking a bit of oomph, but every time I bring up the subject of modding an 810 to a 2x10+18, people scoff.

5. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

The Peavey 3620 contained two 18" speakers and two 10" speakers. I'm pretty sure it's larger than most 810's.

There's a guy on here who plays through two of them. He's probably on the Big Cabs Club and Rigs of Doom threads.

6. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    Yeah, I found him lol. My post on this thread was a bit knee-jerk reaction to finding something so massive! Diving into search results now.

7. c_thur

c_thur

Aug 26, 2010
    New England, USA
    the 1820, bi-amped, was fantastic. but, man, that re20 is so close to the dust cap in the last pic....mud city? :(

8. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

Mud city? I don't know... maybe not with the bass sound he had.

9. Plstrns

Plstrns

Feb 4, 2010
    Texas
    He really did love Peavey.

I played a show opening for Type O, and had a mini pow wow with him.

I've always found Peavey's bass amps colorless, yet lifeless but who am I?

10. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Me too, but I've also found things change for the better in a live mix, where the lack of character actually turns into an asset that gives you clarity and definition, especially when the volumes start getting sick.