1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Phoenix Area Speaker Reconing anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by selfblessed, May 5, 2010.

1. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hello. I recived an old(1973) Fender 15" speaker last week. I plugged it in and it makes this horrible fuzz type sound. After some research I found that the cone is probably not alligned correctly. Which should mean recone. Well I tested the theory out pushed on the cone while playing and the fuzz went away. Now I have a sock inbetween the frame of the speaker and the back of the cone and it works quite well. I am sure that there is some netgative thoughts on me putting a sock in my speaker so I am going to pull the speaker out of the cabinet and get it fixed...So does anyone know of a good place to get a speaker reconed in Phoenix Arizona?

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Give Field Services a call here in Phx.(602) 956-4199.

3. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    +1. I've used Field Services for amp repair, though never for cabinets. They did good work, but they get busy.

4. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    I called them...no dice.

5. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    I haven't had any reconing done in the last 10 years or so but try Valley Speaker repair in Chandler, (480) 664-3733.
    If they cant do yours call the Bass place, Bizarre guitar or some other music stores and see who they recommend.

Let me know who you end up using and how it came out. I've got an old fender twin I need to get reconed here pretty soon.

6. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    The only recomondations I have got where Orange County Speaker. Hardly in Phoenix. But they spoke very highly of them. My first call was Gary Lowe at Guitar Electonics.com he said them or if local is a must try Field Services. I called Field Services...They said Orange County Speakers.

So. It looks as though I am shipper her off. Luckly I get paid next Friday and I am "watching" a friends amp while this speaker is out.

7. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ