1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Photoshop CS-5?!?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Simo98, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Its madness.

http://cs5.org/?p=624#more-624

Imagine if their was a tool in photoshop which was called the 'Move that girl to the left, delete the rubbish on the ground, move a couple of trees, delete lens flares and unclutter that forest' tool.

Well now there is.

Don't like that building only having one tower? No problems, just drag and drop another one.

Not to keen on the weathered look on that building? Just fix her right up.

Madness!

2. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    I'm just pissed that I bought CS4 less then a year ago and they are already coming with the new version, I feel ripped off.

3. I want.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wow, and taking good photos back in the day was a labor of love... now any schmoe can do it.

Fortunately, I'm one of those schmoe's so count me in...

5. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Oh.
    My.
    God.

As some one whose been asked to do a lot of what that guy just showed, and agrees with him 150% about how hard it can be to do some of it (Lensflare is rough, but proper sky gradients are virtually impossible), I just wet myself.

6. boomtisk

boomtisk

Nov 24, 2009
    Germany
    This is indeed amazing and a godsend for people who do this professionally, but if you only like to photoshop for fun I get the feeling this function is going to suck a lot of fun out of it. I remember doing things similar to what they did the hard way and feeling like a million bucks when I came up with decent results but from the looks of it this function is going to make what I did trivial. Is Worth1000.com still around? I'm not sure if they're going to like this. ;)

7. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    man, I'm still using CS2. I feel out-dated.

8. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    The filling in of the panorama was extremely impressive.

It looked photoshopped (?). Video shopped (?)

9. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    I still use CS2 as well as having 6 & 7 on tap.

That's ridiculous! I fear that I'd get it though and it wouldn't work like that for me...

10. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    That's mad, it does seem that photography is becoming less and less about what you can do with a camera though.

I'm still using CS3. I got it for a very "good price" indeed. I may have to "buy" this one when it comes out.

11. Wow. I want.

lowsound

12. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Same here :meh:

Although the computers they are doing the work on are rather powerful, i believe its worded to make it seem like a simple dual core CPU, but infact is 2 entire CPUs which could consist of up to 4 cores each.

Im sure if I used the magical panorama filling in tool on my laptop ill have enough time to go and have a shower before its done running the 'simple algorithm'

Thats why I have a desktop though :D

13. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Want.

But I'll be fine with a copy of CS-4 from a friend.

14. wow. that's amazing. It truly changes what you can do with a photograph. Amazing.

15. MN_Bass

MN_Bass

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    I'm rocking cs3 at home & work, just when I feel I have all the tools, time to upgrade

16. My computer could probably run it almost that fast, quad core with 6 gigs of RAM. I can massive files in AutoCADD with pdf's in them with zero lag, can't do that on any other computer that I have tried it on, so I doubt that photoshop would lag it. Now I just need to find out if adobe will be giving out free copies to students.

lowsound

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Wow. Want. Will get.

18. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    CS4 was around 200 for students, I suspect they will do the same for CS5, who knows.

19. I think I should get this.

20. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    Me too, and I think we bought it at the same price...:ninja:
    CS4 didn't wasn't a big deal to me because it seemed to be just interface differences, but THIS... oh man. Do want.