Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pics by request

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by budman, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    Here's some progress pics of TBer fret-less six's ST-4. Cocobolo top with a spalted maple inlayed pickguard on ash, maple neck with a stabilized birds eye board. Check out the back of Carey Nordstrand's quad-coil MM 4.4.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    i'm not at all surprised at how fantastic that baby is shaping up to be. you da man bud. :D

3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    That bass is gonna be a killer! Makes the wait for mine even MORE intense!!!! ;)

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I'm jealous! ;) :D My bass's baby brother is about to be delivered!!!

5. I'm still getting over the fact that this is going to be mine in sixty some odd days lol...It's just a wild wild bass!!

BTW Lo end what are the specs for yours?

6. Bud, that's AMAZING! I truly am impressed.

I've been following the recent threads on you/your work over the past few weeks, and what I've seen has been stunning.

I'm trying to sell/trade my Costom Conklin (on the classifieds page). If it sells, I will CERTAINLY be contacting you to discuss a possible project.

Thanks much for the eye candy!

Eric

7. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    That's not you bass's baby brother. ;) Your bass's baby brother is almost ready for assembly. It's an STSS-4 made from the same hunk of ash and the same hunk of walnut as your bass, but it has a cherry inlayed MM style pickguard and a mahogany neck.

8. fiebru1119

fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    HOTTT!! I love how u take the classic pickguard look and make it into somthing interesting..

9. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I REALLY want to see some pics of that Bud. Ok, we will call this one (above) my bass's lil cousin... :smug:

10. That is just not possible because just yesterday someone up in "basses" called me "da man". :D

We need a scorecard

11. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    It's entirely possible. There's tons of "Da man" on TB. It's all a state of mind. :D

12. BUD!!! You never cease to make my jaw drop!!! Never!!! One day, when I'm not paying out my arse to fix broken cars, I'm gonna have you make that bass you conjured up from my design for me... Ah I can see it now... With Coccobolo somewhere...

~Ryan

13. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    Damn you piss me off.

:eyebrow:

14. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    I thought the oval pickguard might look a little strange on that shape, but...

WOW!!!! :D

My mind is changed.

15. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Bud, arent you building or almost finished with a VBX you had already started?? If so would love to see pics.

16. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    That got side-lined a couple of weeks ago. I got busy with customer basses. :D I've got all the blanks glued up, but I can't find the time to start cutting. It remains a stack of lumber for now.

I've got yours all worked out. I'll send you a picture of the plan. I'm going to start ordering parts tomorrow. :hyper:

17. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Fret-less six, the specs for my bass can be found in the Basses [BG] forum under "Ordered a LeCompte".

18. Ohhhhh yeaaaahhhh I forgot about that thread..my fault

19. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    omfg, what is seriously one of the nicest basses i have seen in a long time. nice work.

-Jake

20. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    SSSCCHHWWIIIIIIINNNG!!!! :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.