1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pierre Erizias is a Bad*ss

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nomatic, Jun 5, 2012.

1. nomatic

nomatic

Apr 19, 2010
    Arriving today is a Erizias set neck, single cut, 33" scale
    six string which I had commissioned a few months ago.
    For those of you who don't know Pierre Erizias is a professional
    bassist and luthier in Montreal who makes some of the most
    wonderful instruments I have ever seen. After being a studio
    guy forever I had Pierre build me a bass for personal expression and improve. The Top is buckeye burl on a chambered walnut body, ash neck and alder tone block.

I will post some samples after it
    arrives.

Best,

Michael

Attached Files:

2. jbossolo

jbossolo

Sep 22, 2011
    That top is sick! Very nice! Enjoy!

3. nomatic

nomatic

Apr 19, 2010
    Thanks!

I picked the strangest one he had.....

4. nomatic

nomatic

Apr 19, 2010
    Doh.......

Stuck in customs!

5. nomatic

nomatic

Apr 19, 2010
    This bass is as good as anything I have ever played....
    Really light super focused while still being warm.
    Just Sick Really!

More to come.....

6. Randyt

Randyt RAAPT Custom Wood Productions

Jul 21, 2010
    Barrie, Canada
    Kudo's...great bass...how long was the total build time?

7. nomatic

nomatic

Apr 19, 2010
    It took about about 7 and a half months but I think Pierre
    is usually more like 4 months. He has gotten quit busy lately.
    After more time with instrument It feels like a cross between
    Fodera, MTD and a Jazz. It weighs less than 8 pounds but sounds quite focused.
    The preamp is the one that seems
    to allow eq without removing the passive growl.
    This builder is among the best in the world......

8. eriziasbasses

eriziasbasses Commercial User

Wow! Thanks Michael. It was a pleasure making that bass for you. Dealing directly with you was priceless. Such an understanding gentleman. Wish all my clients were like that.

9. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"...

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Cool. Nice to hear some praise for a local luthier.

10. droskobass

droskobass

Oct 8, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    Former Part-Time, Non-Commission Employee MOOG Audio
    Hi Guys,
    Time for me to Chime in. I got the opportunity to play one of Pierre's older "trade in basses" a 2008 I believe, 35" scale 5 string, Beautiful spalted maple top, light swamp ash body, quarter-sawn kingwood fingerboard with gorgeous real Shell inlay, and the coup-de-grace is the 80 year old maple neck made from an antique table leg!!

I played if for an hour and it literally had to be yanked out of my hands, a week of no sleep at all later and I managed to arrange to buy the bass from Pierre who had it as a loaner demo bass for people awaiting custom builds.

I sell high end basses for a local store (Mike Lull, Sandberg, Duesenberg, ) and I own many, many, many great vintage basses (fenders, P's J's Teles Bases, Steinberger, Pre EB MM's a Lull... all 4 string). The Pierre Erizias represented something that I've never felt in any bass (especially 5 string), It seems to have incredible note definition and separation all over the neck. The B string is focused and natural sounding, the was warmth, grown, woody attack with just the right amount of Snap on top. It seemed to ooze Mojo (shoot me now, I know I'm using all of the cliches) the balance weight build quality everything was very very high standard. I believe truly that he is among the very best builders in the world and I will surely buy another custom build in the future... But for now I can't wait to get this one.. (still on loan to a player waiting his custom build..)
    Pics will be posted ASAP Oh and the bass was entierly passive, the preamp had been removed... i will install a good preamp as soon as I can, but i really dug the straight ahead passive tone from the Norsdstrands.

11. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Bump - I figured there would be a main Erizias thread somewhere, but I see three relatively short ones.
    Am I missing something?
    I'm interested in these basses!