1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

pigtronix ep-1 power supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JakeDPR, Jan 14, 2012.

1. JakeDPR

JakeDPR

May 5, 2011
    Western MA
    My girlfriend knew I have been checking out pigtronix effects for a while, so she surprised me by ordering me an ep-1 (I'm a lucky fella!). If I am correct, pigtronix pedals use a 12- power supply. I assume this means I can't use my one spot? I hope I'm wrong, but if not which power supply should I get?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Correct, cannot use OneSpot. The EP-1 came with it's own power supply, if you don't have it, get one that matches whatever it says ON the pedal.

3. JakeDPR

JakeDPR

May 5, 2011
    Western MA
    She ordered it used from GC, hopefully it has it

4. vivifiction

vivifiction

Jan 22, 2011
    Texas
    I believe Pigtronix ships out all their pedals with their power supply since it uses the 12v. I bought a Philosopher's Tone awhile back and it came with it's own supply.

5. rsmith601

rsmith601 Gold Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    It did originally ship with a dedicated power supply. I sold one last summer and I was sure to include the special supply. Hopefully GC will do the same!

6. K-man

K-man

Aug 11, 2009
    Ontario
    The EP1 needs a special 12V AC(not DC) 833mA adaptor. It should have come with the pedal. If GC does not have the adaptor contact Pigtronix to make sure you get the right one. Great pedal. Mine is still on my board.

7. JakeDPR

JakeDPR

May 5, 2011
    Western MA
    It didn't come with a power supply. I emailed Pigtronix, hopefully I can get one from them. I can't find one anywhere. I want to try this pedal so bad, Jake Angry!!!

8. JakeDPR

JakeDPR

May 5, 2011
    Western MA
    Man, I am so bummed about this. Hopefully I hear from them tomorrow:..

9. Prudh

Prudh

Jun 3, 2010
    the Netherlands
    I use an EP, it indeed came with it's own ower suply. But mine unfortunatly broke down. Since I figured it would be a big hassle to get a new adapter from Pigtronix directly and probably not cheap. This mainly to the fact i'm Europe based. I decided to get a good power suply and avoid messing around with multiple powersources, thus minimizing the chance of breaking stuff, plus a quicker set-up whilest playing live. The T-rex Chameleon became the victorious one, 'cuz you'll need the 12v AC for the EP-1.
    Bit expensive, but hopefully fulfill mine, and maybe your, needs for a while.

T-Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon.mov - YouTube

10. JakeDPR

JakeDPR

May 5, 2011
    Western MA
    I only use two pedals, so I don't really wanna drop cash on a t rex. I emailed analogman to see if they could sell me one.

11. JakeDPR

JakeDPR

May 5, 2011
    Western MA
  12. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    Someone earlier posted that it needs 12v AC, the power supply you linked is DC, so it won't work.

13. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 you MUST find a 12 VAC power supply, with correct polarity and sufficient juice, (mA's). NOTHING else will get you going, and using the wrong source will either just not work, or fry your pedal. I'd contact Pigtronix, search electronics supply warehouse's, or bite the bullet and buy the TRex.

14. K-man

K-man

Aug 11, 2009
    Ontario
    It might be worth it just to email or give Pigtronix a call (613) 331-7447. They can probably give the best advice. They may still have some old adaptors lying around. I phoned them once and they seemed very helpful to deal with. If you cannot find a solution the seller should take it back because without the right power supply, it does not work.

15. JakeDPR

JakeDPR

May 5, 2011
    Western MA
    I emailed them, I will try calling tomorrow. Thanks everyone

16. JakeDPR

JakeDPR

May 5, 2011
    Western MA
    1 AC input voltage ……120VAC, Output ………12V 500-1000mA

that seems about right? I have gotten no response from Pigtronix still

17. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    In all fairness, they are a small company and I would guess many of their employees were at NAMM. Give them a chance to dig out, and I'm sure they'll respond.

18. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    since the power supply is an 833mA then I'd say that 1000mA (1A) is fine.

you'll need to know if it's center tip positive or negative though just in case it's sensitive to that kind of thing.

You should just call analogman. they're on the EP-1 train now.

I hope your EP-1 has all the juicy mods that are available cause speaking from experience, they're mostly useful.

19. JakeDPR

JakeDPR

May 5, 2011
    Western MA
    I got in touch with Pigtronix today, they are sending me one, I am stoked