Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pimples

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by chips, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Hey Punters,

As a teenagers, i would just like to say.... PIMPLES SUCK! :meh:
    Any fellow teen bass players out there who suffer from pimples and have any crazy cures or sumin?
    Please share....

Cheers,
    chips :bassist:

2. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I never had many pimples as a teen, but I guess(!!!) the best thing is sports (sweat!). The skin has to "work" because of the sweating and more blood is pumped through it.

Don't touch your face too much with unwashed fingers, so the skin doesn't get infected as much.

4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Resist the urge to touch them, pop them, play with them. It will only agitate the acne, rub in dirt and oil, and make them worse. See a doctor for the right topical solution.

5. I've been using St. Ives apricot scrub and it works good. Also go see one of those people who specialize in skin care (can't remeber what you call em). I know I went and saw one and got put on Doxycycline (sp?) and its been working (and I've also learned from it that if you take it on an empty stomach - you throw up!)

6. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    toothpaste on each one every night.... the zits will go away quicker and smell good too!

7. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    our skin is flawless, so we are of no use to you.

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Stop being a pimply faced nerd, it's the typecast your set yourself up for, that's why you have pimples, so stop doing that and you'll be fine.

9. I also use that, for my back. Yes, I have acne on my back, even though I'm 29! :mad:

That's a dermatologist. I'm gonna see one soon.

10. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    Put a few drops of tea tree oil in a sink full of warm water and put your face in it or splash the water over you, works a treat :)

11. I had a really bad case of acne that I couldn't stop with anything but Accutane, one of the strongest acne medications on the market. It sucked having to use it for a year because it gives you really bad dry skin, your lips are always dry, you can get sun burned alot easier, and you need to get blood tests every month or two. But man, does it work. I now have perfect skin. If you have a really bad case, you should see a dermatologist and see what he can do.

12. Do you use a toothbrush or something to rub it in? Or do you just rub it in with your finger and sleep? Can ya clear that up for me.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I used to do it.. i just lay it on the pimple, dont even rub it in. Itll dry it up and crust off in the morning...

Now i use CLean & CLear wash and Strydex pads.... kinda works.

14. Couldn't it possibly cause a mess if you tend to roll around in your sleep? Just doesn't seem like that would be a really mess-free and easy way :meh:

15. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    For starters, it's called bacne if it's on your back :p

My mother once told me that one of the cruelest lies that we tell teenage children is that acne is a teenage problem and they will grow out of it...

Hey ombud - do see that dermotologist. They got some stuff that will clear that bacne up in less than two weeks and you'll wish you'd gone long ago!

and to the younger generation - if your acne is heavy / worse than average, then see the dermotologist if you at all can (if your folks have insurance for you) there are a lot of prescription products out these days that really work. No reason to suffer with a condition that can be treated.

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't have too bad of a problem on most of my face, but I get blackheads bad on my nose. I also have acne on the side of my arm, on my triceps, and on the front of my thighs.:(

I highly recommend the St. Ive's Apricot scrub with salicylic acid, and the Neutrogena Clear Pore cleanser, which also has salicylic acid. On days that I remember to use one or the other, it does wonders for my nose.

17. I was on accutane for a while way back like 3 years ago and it almost killed me!! I was taking it for about two months and after one of my monthly blood test(blood work is required for accutane on a monthly bassis) and they discovered my triglycyrides were almost 4 times the normal level and my kidneys and liver were very close to failing and suffering permanent damage and i could have died as a result. I had to spend alot of time in hospitals and under go alot of testing and monitoring as a result. I had a very bad allergic reaction that took a little bit of time with that medication but they said it was a rare and freak occurance with accutane. But i think it might not have been that freak of an occurance otherwise they wouldnt make you get blood work all the damn time.

18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

I second the St. Ives Apricot scrub... works wonderfully... and if you rub really hard, it works even better.

19. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I second that. Pretty much anything with salicylic acid (check the back lables). I use Nutrogena oil-free acne wash, and my face hasd been clear for probably 3 or 4 years now (I'm out of my teens, but sometimes if I dont use that stuff for a week or so, zits start coming back).

20. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    for a more...natural method, vinegar is a very powerful anti-bacterial agent, dilute it with water and apply to your face, combine that with a constant intake of water(preferably with lemon(another anti-bacterial agent, high in vitamin C) and you should clear up, additionally your skin will look and feel better than it has in a long time.

vinegar not only kills bacteria but it restores the Ph balance in your skin, and helps your skin heal itself faster and more efficiently. While the water flushes toxins out of your system, combined with lemon, it not only flushes those toxins out, but kills bacteria while it does it.

it stinks a little, so just do it at night or when you won't be out and about.

oh yeah, but be wary about using too much vinegar, unless you wear kitchen gloves or something, because vinegar is also known to destroy calluses.