1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Played a CB today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Beav, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    cb-1.

First off, I have to give some major props to Cliff for being able to whip something this beautiful and functional being such a young luithier!

This bass is a work of art. Every aspect of this bass is drop dead hawt! From the quilted bubinga top to the flamed walnut back. I really, really dug this little thing at the heel of the neck -

cb-2.

The playability of this bass was awesome. Ths bass had growl and punch like bery few basses I've EVER encountered. I could also dial in some smooth and buttery tones too. The neck on this bass wasn't what I expected at all. It had some chunk to it. It wasn't anything overwelming or anything, just unexpected.

The only thing that was off about the bass where the maple veneer joined itself at the neck. It didn't line up and it's very visable -

cb-3.

Overall I'd give this bass a 8.5 out of 10 (and that's being on the pessamistic side). I deffinetly see Cliff coming into the spotline soon!

Also, thanks to Brian for letting me snap some pics for my photoshop collection:hyper:

2. My 3 Stammies do NOT like the way I'm looking at that bass...
    :ninja:
    Very nice.

3. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    The price tag made me want to cry when I realised how broke I was :(